The American Cemani Breeders Club...open forum

Pics
I'm interested in how that turns out maranfarmer563. And your bcm if their eggs are going to produce nice maroon dark chocolate egg layers.

I'm adding crested cream legbars and cemanis soon. They will be housed together so their progeny will lay light blue eggs, and have dark meat? That's pretty awesome I think. I want to add bresse at the same time, also to breed for their own meat and cross with cemani and house them all together and totate out my roos.

I'm interested in how that turns out maranfarmer563. And your bcm if their eggs are going to produce nice maroon dark chocolate egg layers.

I'm adding crested cream legbars and cemanis soon. They will be housed together so their progeny will lay light blue eggs, and have dark meat? That's pretty awesome I think. I want to add bresse at the same time, also to breed for their own meat and cross with cemani and house them all together and totate out my roos.
Since the Cemani lay a light creme egg the progeny of Cemani and Creme Legbars will probably lay a light green egg. Same with Bresse and Creme Legbars.

Since the Cemani lay a light creme egg the progeny of Cemani and Creme Legbars will probably lay a light green egg. Same with Bresse and Creme Legbars.
I was just about to write the same. The Bresse x Cream Legbar croos will result in crested Dominant White birds with some having blue legs and some having white legs. They will lay a blue/green egg. But since some Cream Legbars lay blue and some lay green eggs, it is difficult to predict the shade of greed of the egg. I actually have this cross nearing POL right now.

The Cream Legbar x Ayam Cemani cross will break the genetics required to get hyper-pigmentation. So you are going to end up with Crested black birds with silver leakage. Depending upon your line, you may also get black sexed links, but only for the first generation. But don't expect black skin. Most likely you will get very few with the hyper-pigmentation. Some will be gypsy faced. But most will have pink patches that will most likely spread and the skin will turn to clear as the bird matures. You would need to breed it back to pure Ayam Cemani for several generations to get even a possibility of all black. And then you would need to deal with the silver leackage which is also going to be difficult to breed out. Once you cross a Cemani, it is very, very difficult to breed it out without hatching generations of birds for each feature you are trying to correct.

If you just want black pigmentation and blue eggs, cross you Cemani with a blue egg phoenix or Sumatra. At least then you could cross back without all the other genetic issues of composite breeds like Cream Legbars. There is someone in San Diego working on a similar project called the Empress Hen Project.

Hmm, well I am new at all this. The new coop with have separation pens for my roos to rotate out. keep the bresse roo, the cemanis i'm getting come from 2 different blood lines, I believe I posted their picts already of the breeding stock mine are coming from on byc.

the ccl, cemani and bresse will be housed together, I'm adding bcm and possibly silkies, depending on how everything goes. The bmc and some ccl will get moved to my layer flock that's covered by my salmon favorelle x wellsummer x light brahama roo and is made of ee's, ameracuna, rose comb leghorn and splash polish.

I'm only going to hatch out the leghorn and polish and my buff laced ee covered by this roo out of my current flock. Cull the males. I will only cross my buff laced ee with this roo if she lays blue eggs though to get olive eggers.. that are bearded and tufted with a recessive feathered feet. I'm trying to get only pullets of the ccl and bcm, and keep a roo of the cemani and of the svart honas I hope to add and maybe rotate them out to svart hona cemani etc?

Back
Top Bottom