The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Not at all, it's actually the same amount of time since a Back Cross to 55 Flowery is required anyways.
If you backcrossed a gold pullet from a silver ameraucana x 55 flowery back to a 55 flowery rooster, all the chicks would be gold duckwing. However, if you cross a chick from a BBS ameraucana x 55 flowery back to a 55 flowery, only half the chicks would be gold duckwing.

@nicalandia , how hard is it to breed lacing into another breed? I'm wanting to breed buff laced into my pheonixes, but rge breed with the lacing is absolutely nothing like the pheonix

It's not hard, due to the necessary genes being somewhat closely linked to each other so they don't segregate dependently. Required mutations are Pg/Pg-Ml/Ml and Co/Co, eb/eb (For Wyandotte) and Pg/Pg-Ml/Ml-Db/Db and Co/Co, ER/ER for Sebright/Polish.

The closest body type would be Polish, you just need to get rid of the crest and v-shape pea comb.

It's not hard, due to the necessary genes being somewhat closely linked to each other so they don't segregate dependently. Required mutations are Pg/Pg-Ml/Ml and Co/Co, eb/eb (For Wyandotte) and Pg/Pg-Ml/Ml-Db/Db and Co/Co, ER/ER for Sebright/Polish.

The closest body type would be Polish, you just need to get rid of the crest and v-shape pea comb.
My laced bird is a sebright. She had mixed babies with my pheonix rooster and ended up with 1 that looks like it got 2 dominant white genes and 4 that look like they got just 1 gene. So my thought had been to cross that 2 gened chick to either a male or female pheonix (thought my Whites would be best since they're dominant white-ish) and reinforce the pheonix traits. But then I remembered lacing takes more than one gene to come out nice most times

Last edited:
My laced bird is a sebright. She had mixed babies with my pheonix rooster and ended up with 1 that looks like it got 2 dominant white genes and 4 that look like they got just 1 gene. So my thought had been to cross that 2 gened chick to either a male or female pheonix (thought my Whites would be best since they're dominant white-ish) and reinforce the pheonix traits. But then I remembered lacing takes more than one gene to come out nice most times
Pictures of the parents and chicks.

Pictures of the parents and chicks.
The first chick image looks exactly like buff laced sebrights do as chicks, which is why I think it has 2 copies. The other 4 look like the second chick image.
20220302_102021.jpg
20220316_103433.jpg
20220912_141935.jpg
20220915_143615.jpg

The first chick image looks exactly like buff laced sebrights do as chicks, which is why I think it has 2 copies. The other 4 look like the second chick image.View attachment 3281782 View attachment 3281783View attachment 3281784View attachment 3281785

Imput this on the Chicken Calculator.

Buff Sebrights are ER/ER, Pg/Pg, Ml/Ml, Db/Db, Co/Co, I/I, s+/s+ the rest are left as default.

The Phoenix seems to be goldend or very diluted Gold, so he is e+/e+, pg+/pg+, ml+/ml+, db+/db+, co+/co+, i+/i+, s+/s+

So the chick is ER/e+, Pg/pg+, Ml/ml+, Db/db+, Co/co+, I/i+(White), s+/s+

Back
Top Bottom