The Bantam Club

Your Thoughts?

• I don't have Bantams and I don't want to become a member.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like this club.

• I don't want bantams.

• Total voters
Pics
I agree with Sue25. I have my bantams in with 'biggers' as I call them, Welsummer and Buff O hens. No problem. The Wellys are a little 'pecking order' obsessed but all in all they get along very well. In fact, the Welsummer hens beat up the OEGB/BBR cockerels that I have regularly. Not too easy on the OEGB cockerel's egos but funny as all get out to watch.

So pretty... How / where did you rescue her?

She, 2 roosters and a large hen were roaming the streets near my house. A cat attacked her, she is missing a lot of feathers on her neck and back, they are growing back now. I took her in and someone else took the other hen. The 2 roosters are still roaming around because where I live you can't have roosters and I can't catch them.

She just laid an egg today. I'm not sure if it's fertile from one of the roosters. I'm not sure how to check.

If you can get your hands on a standard game fish net, the type that is a hoop with a pole that fishermen use to land fish when they are in a boat and attach a longer pole to it. You may be able to net one of the little speed demons. I'm surprised they aren't hanging around where the hen is.

If the roosters are still hanging around your house you might be able to see where they rooster at night. If they roost low it might be easier to catch them at night from their roost Do you have any idea how they got there. If you don't have the time or want to take the time to catch them you may be able to call a vet and find out if they know anyone who might want to try to catch and rehome them. It's worth a shot all it would take is a phone call or two.

Back
Top Bottom