The Bunny Chat Thread - For Bunny Owners

That looks so cool! Maybe you could put in some tunnels? Chili loves his little tunnel.
Love that idea!

I'm going to have a few fabric tunes on the inside of their house.
It'll look something like this on the inside
Screenshot_20210721-220512_Chrome.jpg

But with more toys :)

Do you think they would like something like this in ther run?
Screenshot_20210721-220724_Chrome.jpg

I'm thinking I'm going to build something like this for them to play on in their run.
View attachment 2769156
But maybe more of a natural look? I don't know, feel free to leave some ideas for the design. I also want to make it pretty big too
That rabbit looks just like Sophie!

That looks like a good idea if I ever get an indoor rabbit. Maybe after Sophie passes on.

Speaking of Sophie, I had to bring her inside. Heat was getting to her, she was laying on her side panting.

50FC0C08-B031-46FD-949A-A84E4A333694.jpeg

She is OK now. I assume it was the heat and her age. She’s eight years old now.

I need some ideas for the rabbit run. I'm not sure what type of enrichment and things I should provide in there.
The inside will have tunnels, teepees, boxes, and hidey houses. And the run will have a roof so things won't get really wet or anything.
And should I use grass or have a more solid surface?
grass would be awesome, but I have a feeling that grass won’t last too long. bunnies IME like to dig. sand and pea gravel makes a nice base for the guinea pig outdoor area.

grass would be awesome, but I have a feeling that grass won’t last too long. bunnies IME like to dig. sand and pea gravel makes a nice base for the guinea pig outdoor area.
I have chicken wire as the base of their run and soil and grass on top of it. As long as they have enough space, the grass should continue to grow because they can't dig through it.

I have chicken wire as the base of their run and soil and grass on top of it. As long as they have enough space, the grass should continue to grow because they can't dig through it.
my area has a concrete perimeter that prevents them from digging out. I considered putting down a wire base......but was afraid it would cause problems when tilling and removing buildup. (mine is multipurpose area that also houses meat chicken etc when no bunnies on the ground)

I've totally forgotten to jump back to this thread and update about Lion! Some of ya'll might remember I mentioned he has had a minor (thankfully) ear infection I've been treating.

He had a second check-up this last Monday (after two weeks on meds and some flushes) and he is doing so much better! The vet said to finish off the bottle of ear drops to be sure to clear everything up and we will also be doing a weekly flush and then less frequent flushes in the future with saline water to keep his ears cleaned out. He seems to have bounced back great with no further symptoms then being a bit off balance, and now he's back to normal and hopping around just fine! :) (Just very angry about the ear drops lol)

Hope everyone else's buns have been doing good too!

The lionhead littles are getting furry :) I'm so excited to see what these turn into! A small litter this time, but such cuties! Dad is a pedigreed blue tort, Mom is a purebred but mishmash VM black who carries at least blue and harlequin and who knows what else. I'm really intrigued to see what the gray one is, his fur is SO shimmery but dark underneath.

Attachments

• PXL_20210727_211554722.jpg
    PXL_20210727_211554722.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20210727_211715415.jpg
    PXL_20210727_211715415.jpg
    430.2 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20210727_212149867.jpg
    PXL_20210727_212149867.jpg
    460.8 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom