The Duck Thread

@The Raw Mama please don't think I'm trying to be insensitive to your poor ducks! Id isn't mean to derail you getting help. I'm so sorry that you lost one of your ducklings!
1f622.png
I truly hope the solution is an easy fix like too hot or too cold. Thinking about you and the rest of your family.

Not sure if you get them to drink. Do you have acv? Add some to water .. also what feed are you feeding them? make sure you have niacin to add if you need to..

I add raw ACV to all my animals water on a daily basis. I had Brewers yeast to their feed as well.

How are they doing? Do you have any spiders, or other insects that could of stung them? You sound like a wonderful pet owner.. I hope they will pull threw.. How many we're acting funny?

I also thought about a near by garden.. Eggplant I'd toxic to duck's.. Not that they could get into a garden.. Just a thought.. The symptoms seem neurological to me? :idunno or even a bee sting.. Keep us posted..:frow

Last edited:
I NEED HELP IMMEDIATELY!!!

We just put out our one month old welsh harlequin ducklings out in the play pen with a shallow pool (like we do all the time) and my husband came running in the house and said 3 out of 10 of them were hanging their heads and wouldn't stand up. In the last 10 minutes, one has died and two others are still acting strange! I have no idea what's going on!!!!

I looked and could not find in any of your post about how hot it is there ????

Have you been feeding the ducklings any cooked egg's ???

My goslings this last week enjoying their scrambled egg's
celebrate.gif

At first they eat them a bit slowly but start demanding them in a couple of days
jumpy.gif

If you put them in water deep enough to float you should never leave them alone otherwise no more then 1/2 inch deep as youngsters tend to drown due to lack of movement and momma tends to teach them to keep moving till they are big enough to float .....

They do make great pets, I actually have a drake who turned 11 in March so yep they live a long time. Does she get along with the geese? Fox and dog attacks gosh she is one lucky duck.

Yeah she follows the geese around bosses them around a bit but they get over it but since it is getting close to breeding season she just hang out with me. Yeah it is crazy how she survived I actually saved her she got caught and they but her leg is better now she still has the limo but nothing is stopping her

Yeah she follows the geese around bosses them around a bit but they get over it but since it is getting close to breeding season she just hang out with me. Yeah it is crazy how she survived I actually saved her she got caught and they but her leg is better now she still has the limo but nothing is stopping her
Sounds like she is doing good and has someone who loves her.

My Cayugas or mallards first eggs maybe both.... They're a grayish light blue!!!
I would lean more to them being Mallard eggs, especially if they have a blue tint to them. Cayuga eggs, especially the first few, will have more of a grey to black with a bit of khaki green. Here is a picture of the first dozen Cayuga eggs my girls laid. The longer they lay the lighter the eggs get until they are a sort of dirty chicken egg white.

@jtn42248That's what I thought too. Momma Cayugas eggs were jet black, the first few. I wasn't sure though, given that my Cayugas are swedish blue crosses. That's a gorgeous dozen you've got there!
Off the duck egg subject, what kind of pup in your avatar???

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom