The EE braggers thread!!!

I don't know of tons of hatcheries with them off hand,but based on the catalog pics,cackle hatchery has a big mix of looks. I also know Meyer hatchery has EE's, but other than that,I can't really think of any hatcheries that have them. Also,Meyer hatchery has bantam EE's.

@CorvidLady I LOVE your hen Ivy. I have an EE cockerel that is EE roo crossed with golden laced sebright bantam hen. And then I have,I think,two EE hens,one f1 removed and one f2 removed.. The mother(f1) of the removed hen is a cross between a light Brahma roo and an EE hen. And then the offspring(f2),which was the other removed hen,was a cross between the Brahma EE cross hen and and a light Brahma roo. I also have a removed(f2) cockerel of the same cross,but I won't be able to keep him,I'm only keeping the sebrigh EE cross cockerel and my two hens.

I don't know of tons of hatcheries with them off hand,but based on the catalog pics,cackle hatchery has a big mix of looks. I also know Meyer hatchery has EE's, but other than that,I can't really think of any hatcheries that have them. Also,Meyer hatchery has bantam EE's.

Murray Mcmurray and Ideal hatcheries both sell Easter Eggers as well, though they market them as Amiraucana/Araucanas. Ideal even insists to have ''purebred'' Ameraucanas, though they admit their birds are not show quality, and can lay any color of egg.....

True ameraucanas can only lay blue eggs,and have blue legs. They only have pea combs,aand have to have both ear muffs and beard. Barely if at all visible earlobes and wattles.

Correct. Ideal is basically admitting that their birds are EE's, yet they still sell them as purebred Amera's.

Crele EE cockerels .
thumbsup.gif
Pretty birds! Does the cockerel in the bottom photo have Leghorn in him?

Those are pretty cockerels,except @mymilliefleur,I think that he used creme Legbars in t cross for both,except the one cockerel turned out more ameraucana like,and the other turned out more Legbars like,but I see where you're coming from with the leghorn. But omg, those are really pretty cockerels @jerryse.

Also,along the whole hatchery thing,I won't need to go through a hatchery, most likely,because I have a trio of BBS ameraucanas. One blue cockerel,a blue pullet,and a black pullet. I'm thinking of separating my blue hen into a pen with my EE cockerel with sebright bantam in him,and breed them,just to see what happens,and to breed the beard and green legs back into my EE's. I have my sebright EE cross cockerel that has yellow legs,and my Brahma EE cross EE's that have white-ish legs. Weird genetics there,but cool.

Back
Top Bottom