The EE braggers thread!!!

As far as I can see; There is one other EE, but she showed no signs of laying.
y

Also your girl could have laid one just after you checked on the previous day, and now just before you checked. For example, check for egg 3 pm, pulled laid at 4pm, next day hen laid at 2:30 pm, check for egg at 3pm. Two eggs in nest. It takes 20 hrs for a hen to create an egg.

y

Also your girl could have laid one just after you checked on the previous day, and now just before you checked. For example, check for egg 3 pm, pulled laid at 4pm, next day hen laid at 2:30 pm, check for egg at 3pm. Two eggs in nest. It takes 20 hrs for a hen to create an egg.

Perhaps; I checked in the morning, and the afternoon the day before I checked. Maybe she laid at night?

Last edited:
My girl Chestnut laid her first eggs today at 30 weeks and 3 days old! Has anyone else gotten two first eggs in one day? I always thought it would be just one
lol.png

big_smile.png

Looks just like Athena's head and neck on Penelope's body Athena is 30 weeks today, still waiting. There is HOPE!
big_smile.png
The other 2 EEs started 22 and 25 weeks.

ETA: Athena laid her first egg today at 30 weeks and 5 days.
wink.png
Green egg similar to Penelope's perhaps a bit lighter and shiny.

Perhaps; I checked in the morning, and the afternoon the day before I checked. Maybe she laid at night?

I would think so. In the 3 years I've had chickens laying eggs, none has laid 2 normal looking eggs in the same day. Usually one is misshapen like a partially deflated balloon. Fortunately it doesn't happen often.

Last edited:
Has anyone here seen a chicken with pink earlobes? One of my Olive Egger roos has pink earlobes. Candy heart pink. He is a brown silver duckwing. He has just finished his first molt and that is when his earlobes turned pink. He is about 9 or 10 months.

Has anyone here seen a chicken with pink earlobes? One of my Olive Egger roos has pink earlobes. Candy heart pink. He is a brown silver duckwing. He has just finished his first molt and that is when his earlobes turned pink. He is about 9 or 10 months.
All of mine have red earlobes.
Cocoa had red earlobes.

King Tut has red earlobes, but his muffs usually cover them.

Penny, upfront with very bright red earlobes, and her brother, who also has red earlobes.

Got this young roo from my parents blue egg flock, hatched from a blue egg, his dad hatched from a blue egg. True blue not green so very excited to have him (i thought it odd his leg color & im disregarding it as i was there when they all hatched from blue shells and have seen the piles of blue eggs the hens produce) Anyhow, the question is- what color is he? Love his crazy color, i just call it barred with red and orange. Not very technical i know...so any input? Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom