The EE braggers thread!!!

Time! LOL this is the best website I found for that:

http://www.plumjam.com/poultry/breeds/ee-colors.cfm

Enjoy your babies!
smile.png

Nice find Amelia

This is Sven. Ole's son.

He is going to be my one of my two Roosters, I plan to use this year with my EE's.
I am hoping Ole has his mothers personality. Ole was not a mean bird just a serial rapist that was banished. I like the tail on Sven.
It is so unkempt.

I presume you mean Sven?

This one to me looks like a roo, but I'm not 100% they are about 16 weeks old that's an estimation. I don't have a name for this one yet still working on it

The little one who is mostly white I have called her Snow White! We have two Rhode Isalnd reds and a barred rock who's name is toes... I'll show you why!!

We are planning on getting some more.. This is just our small flock for now!

This one to me looks like a roo, but I'm not 100% they are about 16 weeks old that's an estimation. I don't have a name for this one yet still working on it

The little one who is mostly white I have called her Snow White! We have two Rhode Isalnd reds and a barred rock who's name is toes... I'll show you why!!

Just keep in mind chicken math happens and a roo has been proven to be the main cause
lau.gif

Haha it's almost what I was hoping for with a roo!! Lol but I'm excited to get some more!! They are so pretty!! I love watching them! They are my little friends (now I really sound like a crazy chicken lady!)

Your black and white Easter Eggers look to be about 8 to 10 weeks old, and they both look like cockerels. And Toes the Barred Rock is 100% definitely a cockerel. The white bars are too wide for a pullet.

How can you tell that the EEs are cockerels? And toes? I know you said stripes but is that the only give away... And wouldn't they have combs and waddles by now? What about this one,?

How can you tell that the EEs are cockerels? And toes? I know you said stripes but is that the only give away... And wouldn't they have combs and waddles by now? What about this one,?
Different comb types will be different in size. Pea combs don't get huge like single combs will, and rose combs are big and wide, but not tall. Males, regardless of breed or comb type, will start to turn pink by about 10 weeks old, and are very red by about 14 weeks. Pullets, generally, don't even start to turn pink in the combs until about 14 weeks. Male specific feathering will begin to develop at about 10 weeks, but isn't usually really obvious until 14 to 16 weeks.

So right now I pretty much have all ee cockerels? Because the person I got them from told me the age and they should be about 16 weeks old... I'm pretty much a beginner and have no clue. Because I have a mixed that is supposed to be a cockerel and it's the smallest one we have. I am kinda bummed if they are all cockerels... I was looking forward to EEs eggs

Back
Top Bottom