The EE braggers thread!!!

@Illia,
Those are some nice crested birds. I am partial to crested and blue.
I have 4 Swedish Flower Hens that are 13 weeks and 3 of the 4 are crested.
I got lucky on the SFH chicks all turned out to be girls. I already have a non crested grown rooster.
Might sneak some of the crested offspring in with one of my Ameracana or EE roosters next year (if I live that long)
I bought 6 Jumbo pekins a couple months ago and was trying to figger out how many hens and drakes I had, so far I don't hear or see a drake in the bunch.

I have two easter eggers and they are both hens, I think. My question is about their leg color, one has a greenish leg color and the other has a blueish leg color. Why are they different? Or does this mean that I actually have a roo and a pullet?

thanks

I would think those would be Ameraucanas.... Wheaten is recessive so if you breed those back to a wheaten you will get wheaten chick, same thing with white... I thought most White Ams were recessive white, but your wheatens could be carrying white too that maybe whey it expressed. I would not hesitate to use them in my Am pens.... but I am new to all this, but since they are PURE Ams really I would think it would be ok.... The problem with EE is they don't breed true and most have YELLOW skin and AMs have white skin. Just my 2 cents worth....
I didn't know about the color genetics on the Ameracaunas. So I guess it is pretty likely that they will both stay white? That would be great! I don't have seperated breeds in my flock so I'll just end up with barnyard mutts if I ever hatch our eggs.. Should be interesting though with all the breed variety I got this time with chicks. I didn't breed these Ams, I bought them from a local guy. I did see the parents though and both were definately purebred Ams and gorgeous to boot! Now I am even more curious about what kind of color combinations as well as looks combinations that I can end up with if I hatch eggs from my flock next year. I've got cohins, a turken, a polish, leghorns and the ameracaunas in this batch and most of them are female. I think I have 3 cockerals and 7 pullets in this batch of chicks and most of the ones I hoped would be girls have been. Likely will be getting rid of all cockerals except the white Ameracauna. Then of course I have the RIRs and EE adult hens that are part of the flock too.

Last edited:
Oh I love your baby Jubilee!!
love.gif

Do you know what kind of a mix he is? I just hatched out a Blue Andalusian x Black Ameraucana, and I'm sure hoping it grows up looking like that one!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom