The EE braggers thread!!!

My business up front, party in the back EE, Yolanda, laid her first egg today.
She turned 26 weeks old on wednesday.

And her egg... it weighed 48 grams.

That makes three of my 4 EEs a layin'... No squatting as of yet out of my dear little Saffron... All of my other EEs squatted for 7-10 days before their first egg.

My business up front, party in the back EE, Yolanda, laid her first egg today.
She turned 26 weeks old on wednesday.

And her egg... it weighed 48 grams.

That makes three of my 4 EEs a layin'... No squatting as of yet out of my dear little Saffron... All of my other EEs squatted for 7-10 days before their first egg.
Congrats!!!!! Gotta love the egg surprise!!

One of my 8 week EE babies did a kind of submissive to the rooster thing when i was petting her the other day? She got down and put her "shoulders" up, like she was submitting to the roo? Has anyone else experienced this? Is this what a squat is? (Obviously i've got a long egg wait though, lol ) She is very sweet and follows me around for attention! Sometimes when i'm petting her she'll throw herself sideways on my lap and "let it all hang out" lol.

Good morning! Just wanted to share a pic of my EE boy Mallard, who has the same sentiment
smile.png

One of my 8 week EE babies did a kind of submissive to the rooster thing when i was petting her the other day? She got down and put her "shoulders" up, like she was submitting to the roo? Has anyone else experienced this? Is this what a squat is? (Obviously i've got a long egg wait though, lol ) She is very sweet and follows me around for attention! Sometimes when i'm petting her she'll throw herself sideways on my lap and "let it all hang out" lol.

SQUAAAAAAAT!

yes maam! that's a squat! I have a BR who has been squatting for me since she was 4 weeks old...! your girl is very pretty, I had one of the same color / pattern, but a fox got her when she was 15 weeks old... i have 15 EE pullet chicks coming in a week... hoping to get at least one other who looks like that, should get a few... I'm hoping for a nice variety of colors for feathers and eggs!

I posted about this a bit ago and as a quick reminder, I have a blue Ameraucana cockerel [not EE] and three pullets that are laying: A barred rock, a black australorp, and a black silkie.

I gathered some eggs and put them in the incubator. I just candled for the first time tonight at day 12. Of the 15 eggs, four were duds. So I have 11 eggs with little chicks inside! I could see them moving!
jumpy.gif
There are 4 PBR's, 4 BA's and 3 silkies.

Woot! My very own EE's!

wee.gif

So tonight is lock-down!!
jumpy.gif

I saw one egg really wiggle and move already! Woot!

Now I need to hope lots of girls hatch and I don't have 11 quitters.
fl.gif

Good luck Basel!!!!
I hope all get it 'crackin'....
fl.gif

It must be so exciting with hatch day coming up soon!
I still have 23 more days till I see if I get any ducks & chickens our of my first stab @ using a incubator

Post pictures when they start coming!

This year I got my first Easter Egger hen and she is amazing. Her name is Pepper and she has a lovely red, gold, and black partridge patterned body. Her fluffy face beard makes her look a bit stuffy but don't let that fool you, she is a big sweetheart. She is intelligent, inquisitive, and the only hen in the flock who will allow you to pet her. She lays lovely mint green eggs almost everyday. I can't say enough about this wonderful breed of chicken. Thanks for making a thread just for them!

Pepper (at back) and Salt (in front - Lakenvelder) enjoying a day in the yard.

This year I got my first Easter Egger hen and she is amazing. Her name is Pepper and she has a lovely red, gold, and black partridge patterned body. Her fluffy face beard makes her look a bit stuffy but don't let that fool you, she is a big sweetheart. She is intelligent, inquisitive, and the only hen in the flock who will allow you to pet her. She lays lovely mint green eggs almost everyday. I can't say enough about this wonderful breed of chicken. Thanks for making a thread just for them!

Pepper (at back) and Salt (in front - Lakenvelder) enjoying a day in the yard.

I love how upright Pepper stands and how high her tail is. Very pretty.

Back
Top Bottom