The Five Chickens(Finished! Pictures-ending!!)

"Oh...." The RIR chick said, embarrassed.
"But why are we with them, and not our farmer?" Cheeped one of the Red Star chicks.
"I don't know." The jersey giant chick answered with a peep. Then, the human picked up one of the red star chicks.
"Look at this one, you guys! It's sooo cute!" Said the young girl.
"I want to hold that one." Answered another girl, who had long brown hair.
"Can I hold the other one that looks like that one?" Asked a similar girl, who was sitting next to the first girl.
"Hey! I want to hold one!" A young boy with brown, short hair complained.
"Don't fight over them, you guys. You will scare them. If you can't decide who holds who, then no one will hold any." Said the father, who was driving the van.
"OK. I want to hold the brownish one." Said the girl with long hair." Then, the youngest girl handed the red star chick to her carefully.
"Can I hold the brown one that looks like that one?" Said the girl with shorter brown hair. Then, the youngest girl picked up the second red star chick and passed it to her.
"I want to hold that light brown one." Said the boy. He picked the RIR chick up and placed him on his lap. The two last chicks were the jersey giant and the other RIR chick, and the last kid took the jersey giant.
"But what about the last one?" The boy asked. "There are four of us, and five chicks."
"mmm...how about one of us holds two?" The girl with short hair suggested.
"OK. I will!" Said the youngest.
"No! You're too young to handle two chicks at the same time!" Said the long haired girl. The youngest frowned.
"How about you hold him?" The boy said, handing the last chick to the shorter haired girl.
"OK." She said happily, then willingly took the chick and set him down next to the red star girl.

As they rode home, the four kids, named Cam, Carry, Carla, and Christa began deciding on names for the chicks, now that they all had their own favorite chick.
"How about we name this one...Apricot?" Christa, the girl with the long hair, decided, as she examined the red star chick.
"Ya! And this one can be...umm....Peach!" Carry, the girl with the shorter hair, said.
"How about we name this one Marty? And his brother can be Ty!" Cam said cheerfully.
"OK. I want to name mine Seth." Said the youngest one, Carla. She looked at the black jersey giant chick happily.
"Do you know what breeds they are?" Asked the father.
"No." They all answered.
"Well, the man whom I bought them from said that the black one is most likely a male, and the breed is New Jersey Giant, and he said that the two light brown ones are Red Stars, possibly females. And those two darker brown ones are Rhode Island Reds, and he said that they are probably males. They are a day old." He explained.
"Cool!" Said Carla.

As they drove home the chicks discussed among themselves.
"We have names now! Yay!" Said Apricot.
"My name is Ty." Ty said proudly.
"My name is better!" Marty cheeped.
"But I thought we already had names?" Seth peeped quietly.
"No. Mommy just called us "baby chickens" or "Fuzzy butts"." Peach answered smartly.
"Oh. I like my name this way better." Seth said happily.

The chicks got sleepy and fell asleep in there box. The kids ad put them back so they could rest. They were all cuddled up now, fast asleep, unknowing what was ahead of them at their new home...

That's all for now.
pop.gif

OK I'm back to write some more!
big_smile.png
But before I write part 4, let me tell you something: The four kids are suppose to be me and my siblings, but I changed the names to keep personal information private.
wink.png
But here's the key:(these are the names I made up to sub for our real names) Clara is my lil sis. Christa is me. Carry is my lil sis. and Cam is my lil bro.
smile.png
Just thought I would clear that up. Oh and tje father is my dad. lol
cool.png
OK, Part 4.........

The chicks were suddenly awoken by the box shaking. They looked around, a little scared, yet curious. It felt like the whole box was being lifted up!
"What's happening?" Seth cried.
"I don't know. Maybe they are moving this small room thing somewhere else?" Apricot answered, but she wasn't sure either. Then, the box was still once more, as if it had been placed back down.
"That was weird. Oh well, maybe it was our imaginations..." Marty said, but then the box lid opened again and a hand reached inside and retrieved Peach, the red star chick. She look around, surprised to see that they weren't in the van any more! They were in what seemed to be a house, but of course, she took it to be a barn or a large coop.
"Wow! Look at this you guys!" She cheeped loudly to the others in the box.
"What? What is it?" Ty peeped, jumping up and down excitedly. But he was too short and small to see out of the box. Then, more hands reached in and took out the remaining chicks.
"Wow! This is cool!" Marty chirped. They were in a room that had a couch, a chair, windows, and a T.V.
"What is THAT?" Apricot said, as one of the kids turned on the T.V. and it lit up.
"It looks like...like an alien ship!" Ty exclaimed, staring at it with bright, large eyes. The rest stared in wonder. But the hands that were holding each one of them suddenly put them down on the carpeted floor.
"There you go, Apricot." Said Christa, as she gently placed the chick down with the rest.
"We have to watch them really carefully, or they might run away or hide somewhere," Cam said. "Hey! Lets play a game with- Aww no! Marty! Look what you did!" He stopped talking as he looked down at the stinky brown blob of poop that now lay on the carpet, Marty standing near by, like nothing had happened.
"He's your chicken. You have to clean it up," Carry giggled. "Paper towels are in the kitchen." Cam grimaced when he came back and picked up the dropping with the paper towel.

That night, the kid's dad set up a small brooder box with a lamp, ground-up corn, and water in it for the chicks. And then, they were placed in it for the night.
"This is a nice place. It's small, but I like the lamp because it's warm!" Apricot said as she snuggled up under the light in the corner with the rest.
"Ya...It's not too bad...Now lets go to bed...I'm...tired...." Ty yawned and fell fast asleep. Soon, so did the rest of the chicks.

Well, so far so good. We aren't even near the middle barely at all!
lol.png
It's gonna get even better....then...a surprise ending! So, stay tuned and keep reading to find out what happens to the chicks and their new owners every day!
pop.gif
I will be back later.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I'm back to write some more!
pop.gif

Part 5:

The next day, the 4 chicks woke up early in the morning in their small yet cozy brooder box. They had all slept well the past night, and had enjoyed the warmth from the lamp. When they were awake, they were greeted by the kids, who peeked their curious eyes into the box to see the chicks. There was also fresh food and water waiting for the them, and as they ate their breakfast, they began to feel even more comfortable in their new home.
Days passed and the chicks grew bigger. They began growing new, permanent feathers, and their fluffy chick down began to fall off. At 6 weeks old, they had gotten bigger, and the adult farmer, the kid's father, began letting them go outside in the chicken run, under supervision. They loved taking long dirt baths in the sun, fluffing up their new feathers and kicking up dust as they bathed. Seth, who was the runt, began filling out nicely. His crop was larger and fuller and he felt stronger. The chicks were treated like kings and queens! They got fresh food and water all day, any time they wanted it. They got cold, refreshing water. And they were loved very much by their owners. The kids loved to take out the chicks and carry them around. The chicks enjoyed this too, for this meant little adventures around the house. The kids also liked sitting down and watching a movie, while holding one chick in their lap. The chicks enjoyed this calm and quiet time, when they got to take soothing naps and enjoying the kid's warmth. They were spoiled, yet they were enjoying every moment of it.
smile.png

After about a month, the chicks experienced a big change. They were taken from their warm brooder, and put into a different, strange coop. It was small and a little damp, but it had 3 nest boxes, 2 perches, some windows, and a small door that led to a little caged in chicken run, unlike the one that they had spent time taking baths in, which was much larger. The farmer placed the chicks down in the coop, made sure they had food and water, then left. The chicks looked around curiously at their new surroundings. They smelled the air, and it smelled the same. Then Marty peeped, "Lets go explore! What are we waiting for?" The other chicks looked uncertain, but followed anyway as Marty hopped up onto the low perch, which was up near the door for them to go outside.
Once out the door and in the run, the chicks looked around cautiously again. They had a view of the bigger chicken run, and the back of the house. Above them, a large blue tarp covered as a roof, and chicken wire fencing was surrounding them. Ahead of them lay fresh, unpicked and uneaten grass, and lots of places for dirt baths.
"Grass!" Cheered Seth, who charged into the think green blades of grass. He began picking at it and eating.
"Hey! Look! I see a warm! It's mine!" Peach declared, as she spied a long, juicy earth warm scampering sluggishly along in the dirt. She trotted over and grabbed the warm, then slurped it down easily.
"We can still take dirt baths, too!" Apricot cheeped happily, and she began picking the ground and scratching. Ty and Marty joined Seth in eating the grass.
The farmer came out and spread cracked corn around on the ground for them, and they immediately gulped it up.
That night, instead of going to bed in their brooder box, the chicks stayed out in the coop. The farmer went out to the coop and set up a light for them to stay warm, then left for the rest of the night. The chicks were a little confused about this, but slept peacefully anyway.

That's all for now. Hope you guys are liking it!
pop.gif

Last edited:
Part 6:

The chicks from then on stayed in the small coop and run most of the time. Once and a while, they were allowed the freedom of free ranging, and they got to run around in the backyard. But more then once they were getting into some trouble, especially Marty and Ty, who were the most curious ones and were beginning to show their dominant male attitude.
One day, the four young chickens were roaming around and foraging in the lush green grass in the farmer's backyard. They were all scratching at the ground and eating bugs and whatever they saw that moved or looked tasty, when suddenly, Marty decided to cause trouble. He ran up to Ty and puffed up his feathers, challenging him.
"Hey! Do you want to fight?" Marty asked threateningly. He stood up tall and puffed out his neck to make himself look bigger.
"All you want to do is be a big show off." Ty said, then he turned and started pecking the ground again. But Marty wasn't satisfied. The red star pullets were watching, and he wanted to show them how strong he was.
"Don't be such a afraidy-chicken!" Marty teased, and he pecked Ty on the wing. Ty, now mad at Marty for annoying him, turned around and stood up tall, fluffing his neck feathers out. Marty faced up to him.
"You wouldn't stand a chance against me!" Ty warned.
"Oh really? Wanna bet?" Marty scowled. Then, with one leap, Ty charged at Marty and kicked out his legs, trying to knock Marty over. He didn't have any spurs, so he couldn't actually hurt him. Marty jumped back quickly, then leaped at Ty. Ty moved out of them way, then picked Marty's small comb. Marty trotted away with a bruised comb, defeated. Ty stood up tall and crowed loudly, showing off to the young pullets.
"Why do roosters always act like that?" Peach asked as she rolled her eyes at Ty and kept pecking at the ground, beside her sister, Apricot.
"I don't know. They are always causing trouble, too," Apricot answered conversationally. Then, she looked over, and saw that Ty was gone! "Hey, where did Ty go? And where's Marty?"
"Oh no, he's going over across the road! Not again!" Peach clucked as she spotted Ty walking across the quiet tar road over to the neighbor's lawn. Then, when he stopped up on the grassy front yard, he crowed loudly. A head appeared outside of the window, then opened it.
"Get out of here, you dumb bird!" Yelled the lady, as she scowled at Ty. Ty paid no attention, it seemed. He kept strutting around and pecking the grass on the lawn. The lady's face became red, and she disappeared for a moment. Then, she reappeared at the door and came jogging out with a broom. Ty clucked frightfully and scampered away from the lady, who was swinging a long broom around, trying to scare him. He trotted away over to her garden, but then stopped dead in his tracks. There in front of him was a cat!
"Cockadoodledoooooo!!!" He screamed loudly, frightened by the approaching cat. The cat suddenly leaped up in the air dashed into the bushes. He had been scared by the loud noise that Ty had made, since he was still very young and was learning to hunt. Ty, seeing that the cat was gone, ran back over to his lawn, and rejoined his pullets, proud of his new yet short adventure.
Meanwhile, Seth was being carried around the yard by Carla, the youngest. She loved carrying him around, although Seth would rather be scratching in the grass with his friends. But he still liked the little adventures.

As the weeks passed, fall came. Halloween passed by, and soon it was November. By this time, the chickens were almost full grown. One day was very special for Apricot...

The coop was dark, and Apricot felt the need to go somewhere private...somewhere where she could sit and rest. She looked up at the nest boxes. They looked perfect.
As she leaped up on the perch and walked over to the nest boxes, she decided to go into the middle one, since the first one was right near the other sleeping chickens, and the last one was too dark, and it was near the door. There were three boxes. So, she climbed into the middle one, fluffed up her feathers, and waited.
After 10 minutes of resting, the coop door suddenly creaked open slowly, and in came 2 of the kids; Christa and Carry. They were about to say hi to the other chickens like they always do in the morning, when suddenly they saw Apricot in the nest!
"I think she's gonna lay an egg!" Christa gasped. Carry agreed. So, the two girls stood and waited, trying to make as little noise as possible, so they wouldn't disturb the hen in labor. After a little while, Apricot swatted down, then a little "thump!" came from inside the box. Apricot clucked proudly, and observed her first egg. She was so happy to be the first to lay an egg. And soon Peach would lay her egg, too.
She hopped out of nest and left the egg, then joined the rest of the small flock. The two girls looked in and their faces lit up with surprise, as if it were Christmas day, for there was a tiny brown egg in the sawdust-filled box. Christa reached in and grabbed it, then ran out of the coop, Carry following. Apricot could here them running up the steps to the house door yelling, "Dad! Dad! Apricot laid an egg!" Then they were inside and their was silence once more.
Now, all four chickens were wide awake.
"You laid an egg? Cool! What did it feel like?" Peach asked.
"I don't know. You will find out when you lay yours." Apricot answered.

The first day of winter came in December, and it was already snowing. Peach had now started laying, and that provided the human family fresh eggs all winter. Peach and Apricot became loyal friends to the family, and they laid an egg everyday. The family, especially the farmer, appreciated them and gave them laying mash and corn everyday.
But over the winter, trouble stirred between the roosters. They could never agree on something. One chilly day, Marty and Ty ganged up on Seth, pecking him roughly on the comb and on his face. Even though Seth was bigger and strong, he couldn't get away from BOTH roosters. The farmer saw this happening, so he separated the two brothers from Seth. From then on, Seth had the hens to himself and the two RIR roosters had to stay in the colder and smaller coop, which was the only extra one left. But then Ty began pecking at Marty, but they couldn't be separated, since there were only 2 coops. But Marty learned to live with it and he avoided Ty often. The only time Ty pecked him was when he started causing trouble or eating at the same time as him. Other times, he didn't pay any attention to him.

The winter was long and harsh, but all 4 chickens survived. But they had no idea what was in store for them in early Spring..................

There is a surprise coming! I'm not telling whether it's bad or good, so you will have to keep reading and I will continue the story later.
wink.png
Any comments or thoughts???

I hope you are all liking it!
big_smile.png

yay! I'm glad everyone's liking it!
big_smile.png
Now I am gonna write part 7 before I have to leave for the weekend. So this is the ending! The most dramatic part in the story.......
pop.gif
Now where was I....?

Part 7:

The warm sunlight sprinkled droplets of gold down on the coop and the woods around it, as morning finally came. The chilly air began to warm up as it became lighter. The 3chickens waited impatiently by the coop's door, waiting for the farmer to finally let them out. Finally, it opened and 3 chickens ran out eagerly. The farmer collected the 2 eggs that the hens had laid, then left to open the 2 rooster's coop door, which was not far from Seth, Peach, and Apricot's coop.
The chickens picked the ground together and took enjoying dirt baths, but Marty and Ty weren't enjoying themselves as much. They were jealous that Seth had the hens to himself, and they often paced back and forth along the cage, trying to get to the other coop.
The day ended as quickly as it had come, and soon the chickens were being put back into their coop. The farmer locked up the doors and windows, and after checking to make sure the rooster and his hens were in, he locked the other two roosters in their coop as well.
The next day, the chickens could feel the coming of summer!
smile.png
Spring was half way over, and soon they would be able to not worry about the cold nights. It was in mid March, as today was a very nice day. So, the farmer let the hens and the rooster out of their small run and they ran around eating grass and bugs. Marty and Ty had a large run, so they didn't need to come out.....

Oops sorry guys! I have to go!
barnie.gif
You will have to wait until the ending on Monday I guess.
lau.gif
Bye everyone and Happy Halloween!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
Stay safe!

Back
Top Bottom