~The Forests of Avalon, A Dragon Roleplay~ 2

"Me? Look at you, sitting on a pile of old bones and calling yourself queen. I am beginning to wonder if you didn't do the old chap in yourself." He snorted, stopping at a respectable distance from her, "You are free to try of course, but I don't believe you will. Not if you know what's coming. Besides, I have brought you a new warrior, do you wish to squander talent?"
Lilith pursed her lips in angry thought and switched her focus from Silv to Adeline as though she didn't want to look at him anymore. "Who are you? Why should I let you into Caronia? I have enough bigshots here to deal with," she glanced back at Silv, "without adding another."

Adeline stepped from behind Silv and eyed Lilith squarely, she was not afraid of the Caronian queen or had any amount of respect for her yet, but recognised the need for Lilith to accept her. "My name is Adeline, I am a rogue from the south. I met Silvanus several weeks ago and decided that living here was better then my current life. I come with no ill intentions or tricks." She wasn't sure how much truth to put into her statement, so she figured it was better to BS most of it. :)P)

Perched in a thin branch in a dead tree, a smallish, dark grey dragon observed Caronia. He had been watching for awhile, all from far enough distances away that he would not be spotted by guards. Unfortunately this also meant that what he could see was limited, so today he decided to venture closer and have a better look. The dragon was simply a traveling rogue, looking for refuge and a place to call "home" after so many years of wandering. His interests lay with Caronia now, though he had visited Pelendava a few times in the last year or two.

Circling far above in the upper levels of the cloud layer, Jasper searched the ground thoroughly for something decent to eat. He could have sworn that nothing good ever came around this place anymore, nothing except scrawny lizards and snakes. Yuck. It was while he was searching that he spotted the small grey dragon perched in the tree. From his distance he could recognise the figure anymore then just saying it was a dragon, so he began a slow, circling descent to get a better look.

Circling far above in the upper levels of the cloud layer, Jasper searched the ground thoroughly for something decent to eat. He could have sworn that nothing good ever came around this place anymore, nothing except scrawny lizards and snakes. Yuck. It was while he was searching that he spotted the small grey dragon perched in the tree. From his distance he could recognise the figure anymore then just saying it was a dragon, so he began a slow, circling descent to get a better look.
The grey dragon looked up, he thought he heard the faint sound of wingbeats from above. The clouds, however, were thick and dense, and he couldn't see anything through them. Not even an outline or trace of what was above. He furrowed his brow and retreated a few steps closer to the tree trunk for shelter in case something came from above.

Lilith pursed her lips in angry thought and switched her focus from Silv to Adeline as though she didn't want to look at him anymore. "Who are you? Why should I let you into Caronia? I have enough bigshots here to deal with," she glanced back at Silv, "without adding another."

Adeline stepped from behind Silv and eyed Lilith squarely, she was not afraid of the Caronian queen or had any amount of respect for her yet, but recognised the need for Lilith to accept her. "My name is Adeline, I am a rogue from the south. I met Silvanus several weeks ago and decided that living here was better then my current life. I come with no ill intentions or tricks." She wasn't sure how much truth to put into her statement, so she figured it was better to BS most of it. :)P)

Silv snorted under his breath at Lilith's petty remark. He took Adeline's story in stride and let her lead without interuption, his face remaining as blank as it had been when they arrived.

Silv snorted under his breath at Lilith's petty remark. He took Adeline's story in stride and let her lead without interuption, his face remaining as blank as it had been when they arrived.
Lilith strode past Silv to get a closer look at Adeline, the white dragoness didn't appear to be a threat, but she had enough experience with false acts to question their story. "Adeline," her lips twitched into a devious smile as she figured out a way to check their stories. "Come with me, where we can chat in private."

Adeline's expression remained neutral and she nodded. "Of course." On the outside she appeared calm and collected, but on the inside her heart had begun to race. She knew right away what Lilith was trying to do, and she felt like biting her tongue clean off for lying.

Last edited:
Lilith strode past Silv to get a closer look at Adeline, the white dragoness didn't appear to be a threat, but she had enough experience with false acts to question their story. "Adeline," her lips twitched into a devious smile as she figured out a way to check their stories. "Come with me, where we can chat in private."

Adeline's expression remained neutral and she nodded. "Of course." On the outside she appeared calm and collected, but on the inside her heart had begun to race. She knew right away what Lilith was trying to do, and she felt like biting her tongue clean off for lying.

"Don't damage her too much, Lilith. Your rear may seat on a fancy seat but you are no more a king than I." He stated, turning from them, "I will be waiting."

"Don't damage her too much, Lilith. Your rear may seat on a fancy seat but you are no more a king than I." He stated, turning from them, "I will be waiting."
"We're just chatting." Lilith purred silkily as she ushered Adeline from the cave and outside towards a secondary location. Once there she asked Adeline a series of questions about when they met. Everything from the time of day, the weather, the location and things they said to each other. Each time, Adeline answered promply and confidently. From her side it was hard to detect a lie, but that would depend completely on how closely Silv's answered matched hers. They were gone for about fifteen minutes before Lilith returned to the cave, this time, however, Adeline was not with her.

Silv was sitting at the edge of the cave, wings wrapped protectively around himself as the cold wind batted against him.
He watched her approach alone, not yet pondering the fate of Adeline as he hadn't heard a scuffling and Lilith appeared as she had before, "Tea over already? Tell me, how did it go?"

Silv was sitting at the edge of the cave, wings wrapped protectively around himself as the cold wind batted against him.
He watched her approach alone, not yet pondering the fate of Adeline as he hadn't heard a scuffling and Lilith appeared as she had before, "Tea over already? Tell me, how did it go?"

"We'll see." She replied with the same slick smile she had given Adeline. "I'm curious, Silvanus. You and Adeline seem to be an odd pair. How did you meet?" Her green, cat-like eyes focused intently on his, waiting expectantly for his reply.

"We'll see." She replied with the same slick smile she had given Adeline. "I'm curious, Silvanus. You and Adeline seem to be an odd pair. How did you meet?" Her green, cat-like eyes focused intently on his, waiting expectantly for his reply.

"Odd pair." he mimed, "Indeed."
He paused and stood, shaking the chill out of his wings and glancing out of the cave, "Well, you see it was a rather magical encounter. I was frolicking down by the yonder shore, as I do every evening, plucking the petals from some sad bloom I found and pretending that they could predict whether or whether not I would ever find my true love. Just as I got to the last one, and was about to give up on my dream of having a den on a hill with a dozen little dragonlets, there she appeared; a specter of beauty. Long story short we came to a mutual agreement of putting off Silvanus Jr and his siblings for the moment to pursue our passion of blood lust. Also, I believe it may or may not have been raining glitter at the time. How does that sound?"

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom