~The Forests of Avalon, A Dragon Roleplay~ 2

"You will find her on the path you came in on." Lilith backed up a few paces to let him pass, her claws itched to swipe the grin off his face and she comforted herself by scraping them across the stone floor. "Watch your steps on the way down, I would hate to see you lose your footing and slip."

His grin calmed to a soft smile as he sashayed passed her, wings spreading, "Just for your peace of mind, I believe we'll fly down."

His grin calmed to a soft smile as he sashayed passed her, wings spreading, "Just for your peace of mind, I believe we'll fly down."

"Just go," she growled. "Before I change my mind."
__

Adeline was waiting tensely below where Lilith had indicated on the path. Her claws tapped impatiently against the rocks as she waited for Silv to return.

"Just go," she growled. "Before I change my mind."
__

Adeline was waiting tensely below where Lilith had indicated on the path. Her claws tapped impatiently against the rocks as she waited for Silv to return.

He met her below, landing and greeting her with a vague nod, "Well played, Adeline. We were lucky though, just lucky. We won't be next time."

He met her below, landing and greeting her with a vague nod, "Well played, Adeline. We were lucky though, just lucky. We won't be next time."

"We shouldn't need to be." She replied with a meaningful edge to her voice. "Camilla will be here very soon, we won't have much of a choice but to fight. Lilith will be watching, and she'll notice if we suddenly disappear."

Behind Arrow and Chandler, Maggie emerged from the brush, shaking dead leaves from her scales. "Arrow, Chandler, go to Kyra's den. She needs your help with something."

Arrow frowned and looked behind him, partially angry with her for disturbing his fun, but he knew not to argue with her. "What does she need?" He asked sulkily.

"Help." Maggie said bluntly, already turning away. She had to get back to Sam quickly. "Go, now."

Ares lay at the edge of Pelendava's borders, awkwardly sprawled upside-down against the stump of a tree with his long, lanky, spidery limbs jutting in every direction. How he managed to wake up in such a position, he'd never know. With a yawn and a stretch, his back slipped down the trunk and he slumped flat on the ground with a dull thud.

Looking up with groggy, slitted eyes, he watched as the darkness of the night waned away and the crack of dawn laced the mountaintops with twinkling golden sunlight. Colors of the sunrise danced on his glossy, bleak gray scales, reflecting in vibrant hues of fuchsia, orange, and subtle blues. A burst of brisk winter breeze brushed his face and he shook his leathery wings of the chill as he rose to his feet - the bends of his wings were stiffened by the cold and he heard an unnerving crack from the joint. He wrinkled his snout and snorted, his hot breath billowing up in tiny clouds to be swept away by the wind.

Last edited:
"We shouldn't need to be." She replied with a meaningful edge to her voice. "Camilla will be here very soon, we won't have much of a choice but to fight. Lilith will be watching, and she'll notice if we suddenly disappear."

Silv's gaze was steely as turned his nose up to her reply.
"I do not plan on disappearing, then or ever. And I hope you feel the same." He snorted, spreading his wings again, "We have many things to do now, let us go somewhere where there are fewer eyes."

Last edited:
Silv's gaze was steely as turned his nose up to her reply.
"I do not plan on disappearing, then or ever. And I hope you feel the same." He snorted, spreading his wings again, "We have many things to do now, let us go somewhere where there are fewer eyes."

Adeline met his eyes coolly for a second, then looked away. She didn't plan on disappearing either, but it would kind of defeat their purpose of starting the battle in the first place if they both fought and were too injured to do what they had planned for afterwards. At least what Silv had planned. She figured that actually fighting against Pelendava would maybe be a bit more then Camilla had in mind for an "under cover" mission.

Adeline met his eyes coolly for a second, then looked away. She didn't plan on disappearing either, but it would kind of defeat their purpose of starting the battle in the first place if they both fought and were too injured to do what they had planned for afterwards. At least what Silv had planned. She figured that actually fighting against Pelendava would maybe be a bit more then Camilla had in mind for an "under cover" mission.

"Are you coming? I am not letting you out of my site now, not with Lilith's eyes watching; not alive." he asked and warned, the usual jocular tone in his voice replaced with serious intent. Things were about to get ugly, war was unpredictable and his idea was to come out fairly unscathed... And alone.
I can see you are thinking, plotting, little devious thing. What are you scheming?

____

Frill, smelling of fish and the river, landed in the city. She was mostly healed, although she was still a bit stiff in the back.
The outskirts of the city where she had landed were quiet and fairly empty, which was there usual state since Henry's death. She sighed heavily, dragging her feet across the stone walkways as she made her way into it's heart.

Last edited:
"Are you coming? I am not letting you out of my site now, not with Lilith's eyes watching; not alive." he asked and warned, the usual jocular tone in his voice replaced with serious intent. Things were about to get ugly, war was unpredictable and his idea was to come out fairly unscathed... And alone.
I can see you are thinking, plotting, little devious thing. What are you scheming?

____

Frill, smelling of fish and the river, landed in the city. She was mostly healed, although she was still a bit stiff in the back.
The outskirts of the city where she had landed were quiet and fairly empty, which was there usual state since Henry's death. She sighed heavily, dragging her feet across the stone walkways as she made her way into it's heart.

Adeline didn't look at Silv but she could feel his eyes boring into the side of her head, it was very uncomfortable. She stepped to the edge of the cliff bordering the path they had took up, partly unfurled her wings and shot a sly glance in his direction. "Best behavior now, no more screw ups." It wasn't just Silv who thought things were going to get ugly soon, although she had a slightly different idea of what 'ugly' meant. In order to maintain what little trust Silv had in her, along with Lilith, she would have to fight against Pelendava unless she somehow got word to them of her situation. Unfortunately with both Lilith and Silv watching her like a hawk, slipping away unnoticed was nearly impossible.
_____

What greeted her near the central courtyards of the city was a scene bordering on choas. It looked as though nearly every dragon capable of battle, with training, was gathered together. Many were confused as to why they were there, as only the council was aware of Camilla's state, and some looked almost afraid. A few warriors were working their way through the crowd, trying to hush the rising voices, but they weren't having much success.

Back
Top Bottom