~The Forests of Avalon, A Dragon Roleplay~ 2

Droll howled again as Chandler attacked his more vulnerable belly, but the multiple layers of thick scales that grew all over his body did their job and prevented any major injuries for the time being. He slashed a fore foot across Chandler's face, aiming for an eye and/or the sensitive nose. At the same time he redirected his tail, which still had Coraline stuck on it and was still in the middle of the same swing that had hit her, and smashed it and the attached Coraline into Chandler. He then abruptly whipped his tail back in the opposite direction, which jerked Coraline off of it and let her and Chandler continue flying through the air away from Droll. He watched the two of them bouncing along the ground and landing in a heap against a large maple tree about 20 yards distant. Then he turned around, positioned himself behind a large oak, and swung his tail as hard as he could into the trunk. At the same time, he blew a ball of fire out into the air just in front of the tree trunk on the side closest to Chandler and Coraline. The results of his seemingly strange move were just as he'd anticipated. When his tail hit the wood, a huge section the trunk shattered into a million foot-long super-sharp splinters that went flying towards his adversaries at a surprisingly high speed. At the same time, the ball of fire he had blown in their path set all but a few of the flying spikes ablaze. He smiled as he watched hundreds of thousands of flaming wooden spikes fly towards Coraline and Chandler.

Nearby, Karen heard the sounds of the combat getting more intense. Then she heard Coraline's screech as Droll's tail impaled her in numerous places and knew someone was in deep trouble. She carefully maneuvered through the trees, trying to step as quietly as possible as she approached the area. When she got close, she could see Tanis through the brush about 200 yards from her. As Karen began to approach her, unintentionally making a little more noise than she would have liked, she thought that the one she saw would work well as the dragon she would talk to first. "If she's on Pelendava's side," she thought, "then that's good 'cause she'll be able to help me find out what's going on. If she's fighting for Caronia, that's not a big problem either. I'm easily twice her size, if not three times, so I could take her no problem if I had to." Karen was about 80 yards away from Tanis when, since she wasn't paying attention as much as she should have been, her right hip accidentally slammed into a mid-sized spruce tree, sending it toppling over with a crash. It was nowhere near loud enough for Droll, Chandler, and the others who were duking it out to hear it over the noise of their fighting, but it was loud and clear to anyone nearby like Tanis who wasn't fighting and wasn't overly close to the combat.

Chandler rolled over and brushed the scraps of dead leaves and forest litter off his back as he blinked back the pain. His eyes widened in alarm as he spotted the burning splinters flying towards them and threw himself towards the stunned Coraline with a desperate shout: "Coraline!" He threw up his broad, thick wing and draped it over himself and her to protect themselves.

Coraline moaned beneath him as blood dripped from the multiple stab wounds across her left side. Droll's spines hadn't hit a major artery or vein, or pierced any vital organs, but her breathing was labored and slow, and occasionally she would cough deeply and spray out blood through her mouth and nose. "Chandler..." She rasped. "Let me up."

"No! Absolutely not!" He exclaimed, glancing down at her between winces as the splinters burrowed into the membrane of his wing. "Don't move Coraline, I have to get Kyra."

Coraline shook her head, a stubborn, determined glare forming in her eyes. Her struggles were weak at first, but gradually gained a small bit of strength as she pulled herself to a standing position. "I have to finish this."

Last edited:
Frill's words caught Jasper off guard, this was news to him. His cool blue eyes appeared genuinely troubled, and he stepped away from Maggie completely to focus on Frill. "The killer you seek does not come from Caronia," he replied, then paused to rephrase his statement. It was entirely possible that the killer had come from Caronia, but was not sent by any Caronian official as far as he knew, "or rather, was not sent to Pelendava by anyone with authority here."

"Oh, in that case I'll just whiz over to the others and tell them to call it off. I mean, I can take your word right?" Frill's somber tone cracked with sarcasm as her face flushed with anger. When he stepped back from Maggie, she stepped forward, "After all I have trusted you in the past and just look where I am now."

"Because unless you plan on showing off some impressive battle moves in front of Lilith, she's going to see us meandering around doing nothing." It wasn't a total lie, or entirely impossible that she would be concerned about this. They might not have run into the Caronian queen yet but she was out there somewhere, and she was bound to be keeping a close eye on them as she had promised. She flew behind him in silence for a moment, staring thoughtfully at the back of his head. He was hard to understand, she had realized. Not his motives, or his quest, but what he was thinking. She was never quite sure what exactly went through his brightly colored head, and this bothered her. How much did he know already?

He swerved a bit side to side, "She will already know something is amiss... And something is. I may have miscalculated this one."
Lemon-lime eyes held in a hard gaze, he began to descend to the tree tops once more. He could be spotted too easily, in fact he probably already had been, no need to draw further attention.
"Adeline, I believe my plan may not work out as I had hoped, not to worry." He stated, folding his wings and dropping the last couple of feet into the canopy.

Nearby, Karen heard the sounds of the combat getting more intense. Then she heard Coraline's screech as Droll's tail impaled her in numerous places and knew someone was in deep trouble. She carefully maneuvered through the trees, trying to step as quietly as possible as she approached the area. When she got close, she could see Tanis through the brush about 200 yards from her. As Karen began to approach her, unintentionally making a little more noise than she would have liked, she thought that the one she saw would work well as the dragon she would talk to first. "If she's on Pelendava's side," she thought, "then that's good 'cause she'll be able to help me find out what's going on. If she's fighting for Caronia, that's not a big problem either. I'm easily twice her size, if not three times, so I could take her no problem if I had to." Karen was about 80 yards away from Tanis when, since she wasn't paying attention as much as she should have been, her right hip accidentally slammed into a mid-sized spruce tree, sending it toppling over with a crash. It was nowhere near loud enough for Droll, Chandler, and the others who were duking it out to hear it over the noise of their fighting, but it was loud and clear to anyone nearby like Tanis who wasn't fighting and wasn't overly close to the combat.

"Oh, in that case I'll just whiz over to the others and tell them to call it off. I mean, I can take your word right?" Frill's somber tone cracked with sarcasm as her face flushed with anger. When he stepped back from Maggie, she stepped forward, "After all I have trusted you in the past and just look where I am now."

Jasper looked away to hide the flash of hurt that crossed his eyes and kneaded the ground with his claws. He wished things could have been different between them, like it had when she hadn't known about Caronia... and before he had tried to kill her. All he knew now, though, was that no matter which side she was on, he couldn't bring himself to hurt her. "I'm sorry Frill," he looked back at her. "Really... I am. If I could take it back I would... I swear on whats left of my heart that I'm not lying." On the ground beside him Maggie began to stir, and he knew he didn't have much time before she woke. "Take care of yourself, okay? Please don't do anything stupid..." He looked at her with a pained expression, and took a few more steps back away from her into the dark forest, quickly vanishing under the cover of the trees.

"Frill?" Maggie croaked, her eyes fluttering open. "Who was that?"

He swerved a bit side to side, "She will already know something is amiss... And something is. I may have miscalculated this one."
Lemon-lime eyes held in a hard gaze, he began to descend to the tree tops once more. He could be spotted too easily, in fact he probably already had been, no need to draw further attention.
"Adeline, I believe my plan may not work out as I had hoped, not to worry." He stated, folding his wings and dropping the last couple of feet into the canopy.

Adeline followed a bit more slowly, suddenly weary as to what he meant. As far as she could tell things were still going fine, nobody had approached them and both sides were doing a remarkable job of ripping each other to bits. "How so?" She questioned, puzzled.

Tanis spun around from mid-step and locked onto Karen with an aggressive snarl. She had heard the first hints of noise announcing Karen's arrival, but hadn't been sure until the tree came toppling over. The dragons of Caronia were unfamiliar to her, so as far as she knew, this was another Caronian warrior approaching. She unfurled her wings and crouched down slightly to lower her center of gravily and approached Karen slowly. Sometime about the stranger was off though, preventing her from attacking instantly. Something that suggested she was either a terrible warrior, or wasn't here with the intent to harm Tanis immediately. "Who are you?" She demanded through her teeth.

Last edited:
Tanis spun around from mid-step and locked onto Karen with an aggressive snarl. She had heard the first hints of noise announcing Karen's arrival, but hadn't been sure until the tree came toppling over. The dragons of Caronia were unfamiliar to her, so as far as she knew, this was another Caronian warrior approaching. She unfurled her wings and crouched down slightly to lower her center of gravily and approached Karen slowly. Sometime about the stranger was off though, preventing her from attacking instantly. Something that suggested she was either a terrible warrior, or wasn't here with the intent to harm Tanis immediately. "Who are you?" She demanded through her teeth.

"The name's Karen, but what I want to know is who you are and who you're fighting with." Karen took a few more steps, allowing her full, rather impressive size to come into view. Even at about 50 yards, she already had to angle her head down some to look at Tanis because of. how much Karen dwarfed her.

"Give it your best shot," she challenged with a snarl. "I'll try not to kill you too quickly."
_____

Mayella, having her wings still open after leaping, managed to skip off Finny's claws with only minor wounds as her weight was not all coming down on top of Finny. She landed quickly behind Finny's head and lashed out with her hindclaws, aiming for the sensitive area's around the head.
_____

"He's very brightly colored, and has a green head with spots." She gave Charlotte's description of Silv as accurately as she could. "Do you know this dragon?"

Otulissa chuckled softly again. "I'm afraid my best would crush you like a mere insect in a matter of seconds. I'll go easy on you, just to make things a bit more fun for the both of us." She unfurled her wings and in a single swift motion, lifted herself into the air. Her sleek, lithe body allowed her to navigate the raging, unpredictable shredder-like winds easier. She flew around in a slow, steady circle above Amatis, going a little bit higher with each spiral. "C'mon," she coaxed, "come and get me." She flashed a mocking, irritating smile, before it reverted back to its usual pleasant expression.

Finny let out a screech, ducking just in time to avoid nerve damage. But she wasn't quick enough to avoid getting a few scales sliced off, and the adrenaline pumped throughout her body harder. She flapped her wings fiercely, slapping Mayella while at the same time, trying to get aloft but with the shredders, it was tough.

Tisep cocked her head to the side, pondering for a minute before she shrugged. "Oh, you mean Silvanus? Dunno, haven't seen him in a long time. But I think Otulissa saw him with some girl called Adeline before this whole fiasco started, she might know."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom