hannahsflock

Songster
5 Years
May 20, 2014
South Africa
Because I absolutely love frizzles, I decided to create a thread where we can post photos of our frizzly chooks. To start things off, here are a couple of photos of my Wheaten Cochin Bantam frizzles, as well as my Polish frizzle rooster.
20170701_111957.jpg
20170322_154923.jpg
20170322_154928.jpg

IMG_8057.JPG
IMG_8049.JPG

Now let's see yours! :caf

Thank you :)

First and fourth are gold lace. The second is Poppet and he was blue with a few odd gold lace feathers in him. He came from mixed coloured parents so his colour was not has solid as it should have been.

DSC_5180.JPG
IMG_5369.PNG
This is my 5 wk old chick. It's supposed to be a black frizzle Cochin. But it doesn't look very grizzled to me.
Is this something that should be noticeable right away? Or will the frizzlness come in more prominent in the upcoming weeks? Or is it a regular Cochin?

View attachment 1097754 View attachment 1097755 This is my 5 wk old chick. It's supposed to be a black frizzle Cochin. But it doesn't look very grizzled to me.
Is this something that should be noticeable right away? Or will the frizzlness come in more prominent in the upcoming weeks? Or is it a regular Cochin?
Well it definitely doesn't look very frizzeled to me, looks more like a regular Cochin. Maybe someone else can weigh in, though, Frizzle is an incomplete dominant trait so are there variations of the amount of curling? It's a fine-looking chick anyway. If you don't want it I'll take it!

Back
Top Bottom