The girls finally got their new house!

HoP

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 11, 2009
Portland
I started this chicken thing two years ago, but due to a house sale and moving, I had to leave my hand built chicken coop behind and I did not even get to use it. I built it all myself,(was a bit crooked),but I was proud to have built it all on my own..
Once I moved into my new house and set about this time to really get my chicks and build them a house, I decided I just did not have the energy or time to build one myself, so found a guy who just started to build chicken coops.
I am very happy with it. He built it to my specifications and its perfect!!! I just had to paint it, put sand down, and get the inside set up.
I am an artist, so eventually I am going to paint each girl on the sides..eventually..haha. However, I did have time to paint some things on the inside. Each girl is a different breed and color, so there are feathers and feet that match each of their colors..(I love the freedom to be silly!).
Here is the Coop (I planted a clematis to grow up the sides) and put sand and pea gravel around the outside to make it look nicer.

41013_009.jpg

Here is the inside!
41013_001.jpg

41013_002.jpg

41013_004.jpg

41013_005.jpg

I will upload more photos of their coop as I do a bit more..this is so much fun!
wee.gif

41013_006.jpg

Back
Top Bottom