The Great Egg Shipping Experiment!

Pics
I did only 3 eggs just a second ago when I turned them.
Wisher's EE egg day 5

Lavender Silkie egg day 4

Wheaten Marans egg day 4

I'm from Holland. We're the masters of pudding, custards and porridges. I kid you not. You can go to the grocery store and buy 100 different kinds in the dairy isle o_o

I've had pudding topped with chocolate syrup, sauce made out of every berry imaginable, rhubarb, caramel etc.

I make a mean grits pudding ;-)

My mom has made pudding out of macaroni noodles and raisins.

If you dare me, I think I can name 100 different dairy based desserts, although I may not be able to translate them to English haha.
Tom - I remember that you mentioned being from Holland on the Alabama!! thread, what I didn't remember was that we are not ON the Alabama!! thread. I was just teasing you about the pudding, I would try each and every one of those puddings and ask for seconds on the one's I liked! When I was three or four, I told my Mom that the only thing wrong with pudding is that you can't get enough of it in your mouth at once without it squirting out the sides!
lau.gif

I did only 3 eggs just a second ago when I turned them.
Wisher's EE egg day 5

Lavender Silkie egg day 4

Wheaten Marans egg day 4

These eggs all look so different to me. Both the EE and the silkie look like they are developing, but I can't see anything in the Marans egg. Is that because it is just too difficult to see into the darker eggs, or do you think this one isn't developing?
My Marans eggs are only on day 1, but I'd love to know for future reference. I'm afraid I'll try to pull the clears to make more space and find I was wrong.

The baby goat is adorable! And as far as the buffalo goes, I would love any animal that hauls coconuts!

Tom - I remember that you mentioned being from Holland on the Alabama!! thread, what I didn't remember was that we are not ON the Alabama!! thread. I was just teasing you about the pudding, I would try each and every one of those puddings and ask for seconds on the one's I liked! When I was three or four, I told my Mom that the only thing wrong with pudding is that you can't get enough of it in your mouth at once without it squirting out the sides!
lau.gif

Every thread is an Alabama thread, because we're just friendly and personable and can find a longwinded story about our cousin Bubba that will somehow apply to the given situation..

Let me tell you a story (Oh boy, here she goes..)

No seriously. When I first visited the US, I came for 3 weeks. I was 19.. or 20.. or somewhere around there haha. Anyway, young and stupid me didn't really think too well at the time, but I was ready to fly the coop. I had met some folks online over the years and one particular guy I got along with rather well. We had been talking for months over the phone, 2 hours a day atleast (I had a calling plan, before you worry!). I spoke to his mom as well, so I knew I wasn't going straight into the arms of a homicidal creep.

I decided I was going to fly to the US, never had been on a plane, or been away from my family more than 5 days.. It was the strangest thing. Within those three weeks I felt I had come home. I never really liked Holland. I was awkward, didn't fit in.. I was an outcast really. And I came to Alabama and I found a new world.

I spent one month in Holland, then I actually asked him to marry me, per Justice of the peace, we wouldn't be *really* married, right? It would just be like dating. That little piece of paper wouldn't matter much.

I flew back to the US again, to stay for 3 months, the longest my visa was valid for. We started some of the paperwork on getting a visa valid for marriage. I already moved some of my things into their house at that time haha. His mom loved me, his dad liked me.. I was right at home. I went to his grandparents for Thanksgiving and they adored me.

It took us a year to get the paper hassle done. He flew to Holland twice and the last time he visited, I flew back with him. Never been back since... That was September 1st, 2004.

We lived with his parents a few years, finally I was allowed to work (that took 2 years), we got an apartment, bought a house a couple years after that... We divorced a few years ago, we had grown up and grown apart. Don't regret any of it, I know we helped eachother achieve things we wouldn't have achieved on our own. Some family thought I would surely come back with my tail between my legs after that, but I didn't even consider it. I still love his family, and his mom still considers me her daughter. I do not speak to them a whole lot, it's a little weird to me... but I know if I ever need them, they'd be there for me.

I'm 30 now, have got a beautiful son with a wonderful man, and we have custody of his son. I kept the house, because my (ex)husband didn't want the responsibility).

This year I plan on getting my citizenship.. and hopefully FINALLY get married. Maybe for real this time.. in a dress...
lol.png
(Oooooh, chicken bridesmaids!) Oh, and my step-son DOES have an uncle Bubba. That's a whole 'nother story...

Back
Top Bottom