The Hatch That BYC Built (aka Frieda vs. the Brinsea!) (Warning--pic heavy)

Day 10 (the day where sc disowns me ;) )

Candled the eggs under Frieda tonight. I saw movement in one of the BCM eggs, and I think I saw veins in a couple. Only one had no darkness.

Sulmtaler eggs are great for candling--got pics of all 3.

In this one, that blurry vein was moving like crazy!

That is the only vein in that one. From all other angles, it looks like a clear.

This is the only candling of the eggs under Frieda...

She was not happy about my pulling them out and putting them back. She didn't seem to mind their brief pause in an egg carton in between ;)

So, Ravyn, if nothing else, we know fertility was good with this batch! Between Frieda and the Brinsea, maybe 3 clears :)

Awesome, AmyP!!! :celebrate

The moving vein is the heart at this stage... that's why it moves so much, lol... and sorry, but the 3rd pic looks like a blood ring (ring of death)... :/

Sulmtalers are great for seeing all the stages though, aren't they? :)

Sorry about your Boxer Frightener... guess she really doesn't appreciate all the eyes on her babies... didn't you tell her she is famous now?? :gig

Awesome, AmyP!!!
celebrate.gif

The moving vein is the heart at this stage... that's why it moves so much, lol... and sorry, but the 3rd pic looks like a blood ring (ring of death)...
hmm.png

Sulmtalers are great for seeing all the stages though, aren't they?
smile.png

Sorry about your Boxer Frightener... guess she really doesn't appreciate all the eyes on her babies... didn't you tell her she is famous now??
gig.gif

Yeah, I was thinking the third one was an early quitter.

Just jumping in to follow along
smile.png

The more the merrier!

Awesome, AmyP!!!
celebrate.gif

The moving vein is the heart at this stage... that's why it moves so much, lol... and sorry, but the 3rd pic looks like a blood ring (ring of death)...
hmm.png

Sulmtalers are great for seeing all the stages though, aren't they?
smile.png

Sorry about your Boxer Frightener... guess she really doesn't appreciate all the eyes on her babies... didn't you tell her she is famous now??
gig.gif
I was thinking the same thing.

Day 10 (the day where sc disowns me
wink.png
)

Candled the eggs under Frieda tonight. I saw movement in one of the BCM eggs, and I think I saw veins in a couple. Only one had no darkness.

Sulmtaler eggs are great for candling--got pics of all 3.

In this one, that blurry vein was moving like crazy!

That is the only vein in that one. From all other angles, it looks like a clear.

This is the only candling of the eggs under Frieda...

She was not happy about my pulling them out and putting them back. She didn't seem to mind their brief pause in an egg carton in between
wink.png

So, Ravyn, if nothing else, we know fertility was good with this batch! Between Frieda and the Brinsea, maybe 3 clears
smile.png
YAY
big_smile.png

Nice pics Amy! I just love a nice, easy-see-thru shell! Hope your hands feel better
big_smile.png
Tell Frieda we are all pulling for her!
X2

Day 14--candling time!

Couldn't see much in the BCM eggs, though I think I saw movement in one, and I'm pretty sure that the one I thought was a clear on day 7 is a clear, but I'm going to leave it until I lock down. If it still has no darkness at all, then I'll remove it. The aircells on the BCM eggs are larger than the Sulmtaler aircells.

I've got pics of the Sulmtaler eggs--2each, except for the first one, because I didn't decide to do 2 of each until I'd put it back in, and I didn't want to disturb the eggs more than necessary--that, and I'd already taken pics of the second, and didn't want to get confused as far as which of the later pics went with the first.

ANYWAY, here goes...

Pretty solidly dark. Egg 1.

Egg 2. Weird splotch, aircell similar to the BCM aircells.

Egg 3, front and back.

Egg 4--finally, veins! And aircell pic.

Egg 5

Egg 6 was moving like crazy!

I've got to go look at aircell charts, but I think I may need to raise humidity.

Last edited:
Wow, big air cells on the BCM's? Are you dry there currently? If so, then yeah, I'd might give them a bit of humidity...

2 does look like a quitter, and I'm kinda questioning 1 & 3, truthfully... but 4, 5, and 6 look great!!!

Go chickies, Go!!! :jumpy

Back
Top Bottom