The heat of the day

My box fan sits on a lil bench approx. foot and a half off the ground. Would the misters cause a problem with getting the feed to wet. I can build the misters and set it with a timer just wanna make sure feed would be good. My feed hangs down in one of those feed deals

My box fan sits on a lil bench approx. foot and a half off the ground. Would the misters cause a problem with getting the feed to wet. I can build the misters and set it with a timer just wanna make sure feed would be good. My feed hangs down in one of those feed deals

Possibly, but my chickens (currently still on grower) actually love the wet/mushy food after it gets a tad wet. I didn't really think about it when I first started misting, but they love it. It does cause a bit of buildup of food you'll have to break up if it has an open top.

My pin is 7' wide 13' long 6'tall. Then i made a curved roof with cattle panel then covered that with a tarp. I do have 3 trees around it. So i guess it would be indirect sun until it goes down but i do have a corner blocked with another tarp when the sun is beaming

Do you happen to have any pictures of your setup? And I have the same issue with the sun glare, so I use burlap which lets a bit more air through than a solid tarp would. It works pretty well, and I move it out of the way when the sun is off that area so they get more ventilation. As for the fan and the misters, I'd suggest putting them pointed/angled on maybe one half of the little pen, so if they want to get away from the wind and water they can. I'd read that wind and water can cause the poor things to get chilled/a cold even in 100 degree weather, but I haven't had wind on them to see if that's true or not. lol You could also set it up so the fan blows the misters water towards the coop, possibly.

IMG_0337.JPG IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0340.JPG

Back
Top Bottom