The Heritage Rhode Island Red Site

Was just (heresy I know) reading up on the Buckeye thread... and they were talking about the "feel" of the bird, not just the shape given by the feathers... what should a great HRIR LF "feel" like? :)

Just like they are too look, like a brick. Thick, hard, heavy and muscular esp in the chest this gives them their oblong/rectangular "bricky type"

Jeff

I have a few from this line. Mine are just to young to talk about right now but they look nice.

Chris
I've two 1 yr old cockerels from NYreds, 4 cockerels, 3 pullets from JimmyJay 12 wks old, 1 cockerel, 1 pullet from ChickMagnet 7 wks old, so I have something to work with for the coming year and I can look at all three bunches and see the differences in them and my opinion is they are all beautiful. I'll try to get some pics of them when I go to the barn to tend to the critters.

I am wanting to locate breeders of RC HRIRs in driving distance of MI. I might be able to reach Jim when I go to upstate NY to visit family, I will also drive down into Ohio or IN.

I'd like a dozen chicks of 4-5 started youngsters around Mar or April.

I am wanting to locate breeders of RC HRIRs in driving distance of MI. I might be able to reach Jim when I go to upstate NY to visit family, I will also drive down into Ohio or IN.

Did you mean to say ( a dozen chicks OR 4-5 started youngsters instead of a dozen chicks OF 4-5 started youngsters?) Got me a little confused here. lol

I'm likely not what you'd consider close (I am in east TN), but my RC came from Gary Underwood in IL

For the fellow in New Jersey wanting Reds I looked at the map and you are not to far from Jimmy in Penn and there is a chicken show at Delaware in Virginia coming up and some of the top folks will be there. Its easy to get chicks in the Spring from our members on this message board but this time of year you may have to meet them at their farms or at a show if they show.

There is no one in New Jersey that I can locate for you. Hope this helps. Send me a personnel message on your city you live in I will give you some zip codes you could travel to if you can.

At least there are more folks with good Reds to share for the beginner than three years ago and thank goodness we have a small army of new beginners with great stock that are willing to share their birds with the future new beginners.

Heck I am on a waiting list for this spring for some Rose Combs. By the way Jimmy the chicks that you have from Matt that you may cross onto your super Underwood Male is a male there sire I raised for Matt last year and he used for their matting that I brought back to him after I raised him up for him last year. He was a nice bird and now a super star half and half Mohawk male. How about that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom