The Hidden Door-A Role Play (AKA The Most Dangerous Coffee Shop II)

Kipp was relieved she understood what he was trying to say. He wasn't sure he'd be able to figure it out from what he'd managed to say.

"So, any other ideas for how we can fight them off if they come after us again? They're super tall. And we're kinda super short."
“Tell me about it,” she muttered. Then, more loudly, added, “I don’t know if there’s much we can do. We have one knife, and that doesn’t do much between two people. I think the best thing we can do right now is get back to the barn, wrap up the worst of these scratches, and try to find Haddie and her group. We’re better protected in a larger group.”

Ciro's dwindling resolve to retreat snapped when he watched the cougar man's arm disappear into the beast's maw. "Okay, that's enough." He whipped his head around until he located the person nearest to him on the sidelines. He teetered over to the stick-wielding girl and let the wolf slide to the ground at her feet. "Can you un ojo en ella, amiga?" he pleaded, using all of the wide-eyed gravity he could muster. However bad he felt about not giving her a rightful say in the matter, he negated courtesy to whirl around and race toward the confrontation without waiting for a response.
While he ran, he stooped over to grab a small boulder and sent it hurtling toward the manticore's head, which was an effortless move compared to what he'd been hauling around earlier. "¿Tenemos un plan?"
Maya cursed again, this time a bit quieter. "Charlie!" She shouted, flailing her arm at the air besides her. She almost slapped her invisible friend in the face.
"What?"
"What did he say?"
"Uh, watch the wolf."
"Great." Maya muttered, staring down at the hunk of fur, gray matted with blood. Why the heck isn't it attacking us?
Aella knew it was stupid.
Knew that she could have literally killed the beast with only a few twitches of her finger tips if she wanted. Instead, she only watched as it nearly killed several other members. Only watched as it tore apart a cougar.
And flinched when it screamed as a girl stabbed it with a dagger.
The scream was far too human, far too distressed for Aella's comfort. She felt sick at the woman with the katana jumped on the screaming beast and thrust the weapon into the skull of the creature. The creature gave a ear piercing shriek as crimson sprayed from the open wound, drenching the ground.
Only when Ciro came into her line of view did she actually move, tearing her widened gaze off the lion-man. She swallowed thickly, scrambling for the upper hold on Fear's deadly grasp, clawing her way to the surface.
Turning suddenly, she fled the battlefield, retreating to where she could see the wolf laying at a girls feet.
"Hey," Maya said, trying to see past an annoyingly large tree that blocked her vision of most of the battle. "Quick question- is that thing dead?"

Maya cursed again, this time a bit quieter. "Charlie!" She shouted, flailing her arm at the air besides her. She almost slapped her invisible friend in the face.
"What?"
"What did he say?"
"Uh, watch the wolf."
"Great." Maya muttered, staring down at the hunk of fur, gray matted with blood. Why the heck isn't it attacking us?

"Hey," Maya said, trying to see past an annoyingly large tree that blocked her vision of most of the battle. "Quick question- is that thing dead?"
Aella had fallen to the wolf's side, cradling it's head in her lap. Her head was low, the thin, old elastic in her hair finally snapping and allowing her ginger hair to cascade down her back. The wolf was irritated, struggling slightly and trying to find the source of the noise with its sightless eyes.
Aella, however, had her eyes snapped shut, trying to block out the screams. Only when someone spoke to her did she look up. "W-what? The creature? Y-yes..." she whispered, dropping her gaze back down to the wolf. "It walks the earth no longer."

"Aria, your arm is turning green! That's not 'fine'!" Kylan corrected, looking down at her with worried eyes.

Kylan glanced at him, giving a small nod. He dropped off his backpack, digging around and presenting one. "Here's my only one." He murmured.

Lilith shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably. In this situation, she was rather useless. She didn't have healing powers or a backpack full of medical supplies, just her ability to feel other's emotions.
Aria's pain was making her fidgety, even though she couldn't even feel anything on the arm that her companion would've been poisoned on. She blinked, realizing that priorly she had sensed a second creature behind them and near-- Or even with, the others, but now she didn't. They must've killed it. Or it ran off too far.
She looked back at her allies, she wanted to hurry them on due to the fact she was almost positive the manticoress was going to start tracking them, but rushing Kevin and Kylan could cause Aria to lose her life. So instead, she ended up eyeing each of them in turn. Kylan looked almost frantic by now, she wouldn't be surprised if Aria simply passed out, and Kevin seemed drained to the point of exhaustion. We're... Not doing too well, are we?

“Thanks,” Kevin murmured, grabbing the tourniquet. He tied it on to Aria’s arm. “There. That should keep the poison from spreading. I’ll keep trying to heal it, but first we need to get farther from the manticore. Can you walk?” He asked.
He felt nauseous, and Kevin strongly doubted his healing capabilities when it came to healing something like that. At this point, he hoped the venom would bleed out.

Kevin gave Lilith a concerned look as her eyes changed colors. “Are you oka-?” He was cut off as they were suddenly transported away from the manticoress.
“On it,” he told Kylan, grabbing Aria’s injured hand in his. He closed his eyes as the green glow spread through his hand. He focused on her wound, first numbing the area.
But nothing happened.
He grimaced, a bead of sweat falling down the side of his face as he forced more magic into her wound. The venom kept it from healing, no matter how hard he tried. He let go, opening his eyes and wiping his forehead. “Kylan, do you have a tourniquet?” Kevin asked.
"Aria, your arm is turning green! That's not 'fine'!" Kylan corrected, looking down at her with worried eyes.

Kylan glanced at him, giving a small nod. He dropped off his backpack, digging around and presenting one. "Here's my only one." He murmured.

Lilith shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably. In this situation, she was rather useless. She didn't have healing powers or a backpack full of medical supplies, just her ability to feel other's emotions.
Aria's pain was making her fidgety, even though she couldn't even feel anything on the arm that her companion would've been poisoned on. She blinked, realizing that priorly she had sensed a second creature behind them and near-- Or even with, the others, but now she didn't. They must've killed it. Or it ran off too far.
She looked back at her allies, she wanted to hurry them on due to the fact she was almost positive the manticoress was going to start tracking them, but rushing Kevin and Kylan could cause Aria to lose her life. So instead, she ended up eyeing each of them in turn. Kylan looked almost frantic by now, she wouldn't be surprised if Aria simply passed out, and Kevin seemed drained to the point of exhaustion. We're... Not doing too well, are we?
“I’m fine I swear” Aria protested. “I don’t feel so good” she murmured stumbling a bit

“Thanks,” Kevin murmured, grabbing the tourniquet. He tied it on to Aria’s arm. “There. That should keep the poison from spreading. I’ll keep trying to heal it, but first we need to get farther from the manticore. Can you walk?” He asked.
He felt nauseous, and Kevin strongly doubted his healing capabilities when it came to healing something like that. At this point, he hoped the venom would bleed out.
“I’m fine I swear” Aria protested. “I don’t feel so good” she murmured stumbling a bit
Great, two of them feel bad! We're surviving so well. Lilith thought dryly, gripping her dagger and Tru's leash even harder as she edged closer to the rest of them. "Hate to break it to you, but that creature's approaching us, so if you two can, we need to hurry." She murmured, eyes darting from one ailed ally to the other.

Kylan noticed Aria wobbling and trying to walk-- Which only resulted in her stumbling even more. He shot forward, placing a hand on her shoulder to steady her. "You're not going to be able to walk." He mused, brows furrowing. But we need to. Or else we're dead meat.
He sighed, deciding upon the only thing he knew to do. She's going to think you're such a creep. So, without another seconds notice, he swooped down and picked her up bridal style. "Let's go!" He yelped, stubbornly beginning to march in the opposite direction of the manticoress.

Great, two of them feel bad! We're surviving so well. Lilith thought dryly, gripping her dagger and Tru's leash even harder as she edged closer to the rest of them. "Hate to break it to you, but that creature's approaching us, so if you two can, we need to hurry." She murmured, eyes darting from one ailed ally to the other.

Kylan noticed Aria wobbling and trying to walk-- Which only resulted in her stumbling even more. He shot forward, placing a hand on her shoulder to steady her. "You're not going to be able to walk." He mused, brows furrowing. But we need to. Or else we're dead meat.
He sighed, deciding upon the only thing he knew to do. She's going to think you're such a creep. So, without another seconds notice, he swooped down and picked her up bridal style. "Let's go!" He yelped, stubbornly beginning to march in the opposite direction of the manticoress.

Kevin glanced behind him at the manticore. He looked back at Aria to see if she could walk, but Kylan had already grabbed her and started walking.
He pushed Lilith in front of him. “C’mon, hurry up,” he said quietly, watching as the manticore crept closer. His bullets had blinded it, but it was only a matter of time before it heard, or sniffed, them out.

Aria let out a shriek of surprise

“Tell me about it,” she muttered. Then, more loudly, added, “I don’t know if there’s much we can do. We have one knife, and that doesn’t do much between two people. I think the best thing we can do right now is get back to the barn, wrap up the worst of these scratches, and try to find Haddie and her group. We’re better protected in a larger group.”
Kipp bit at his lip reminded again that Haddie hadn't come back yet. She'd said an hour and a half. Where were they?

"Ok. Barn first then." He didn't have to have plans past that. Just getting back to the barn could be hard enough. "By the way. Are we going in the right direction? We were going that way?" He said pointing back over his shoulder. "Was I dragging you the wrong way all this time?"

Back
Top Bottom