The Hummingbird Haven

Pics
Poor boy was probably killed in a fight.
AE68E90C-9413-45C4-AC5D-5641E6E47B46.jpeg
6C2D696E-B966-4C76-AF78-82678BC0B0D3.jpeg

We have 5 of these out and a few extra in the house still. I am always interested in trying new ones but DH has assumed responsibility for ensuring they are filled and nectar is made up, and he wants them all the same, so that's what we've stuck with.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Perky-P...mingbird-Feeder-12-oz-Capacity-710B/204749998
We've had feeders out a couple of weeks now and have more than a half dozen frequenting them, very busy at dusk the last two days as overnight temps have dipped below 40. They are a delight. We also put out oranges for the orioles that are passing through, last year we out them out and they stayed for a few weeks, so this year we've done the same, there are 3 or 4 of them here right now, they are so beautiful.

@LittleBrownie - Poor thing! Was it banded by chance?

@katsdar - As mentioned to you already, planting an assortment of flowers known to attract hummingbirds that serve as a nectar source sure help! Keep those feeders clean and change them out to keep the mix from spoiling. You have a good assortment of feeders- best of luck!
Unfortunately not, I don't have a permit to band them or know anyone.

@pozees2 - Perky Pet makes some beautiful feeders. They have one shaped like a Pineapple right now that's a new top-fill feeder and I'd love to add it to my collection.

@LittleBrownie - Ahh, I happened to ask as I know there are a few places where people band them and study their travel, so I would've provided info for you to report his band/outcome if he had one.

Back
Top Bottom