The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

It's supposed to be above 0 this weekend.
celebrate.gif
.the English orp is always the first man out..
Hopefully you have found nice little boots for my southern babies ! 27 here tonight and freezing rain.Key West sounds good.

I don't know about the BLRW but the Imported English Orps quite often have some feathering (you were talking about legs, right?) Even some of our Large Fowl Chocolates have nubs as well as the Partridge and Whites, not much but a few.
yeah leg feathers, i've raised BBS and never had stubs.
with blrw stubs are a no-go, I'm guessing its the same for orps, feather legs will only produce feather legs?

Not necessarily true, I saw a pullet with stubs & birds out of her didn't have a one on them.
I have had a few blacks with a few stubs. I cant even see them unless I put my glasses on and do a serious inspection. They pull right out. Not like they have big quills or anything. I know lots of breeders that have this occaisnally. Not all the chicks will have them. They will DQ them in the show pen if any are on their legs. Don't ask me how I know. I am getting Cataracts removed Monday so maybe I can see a little better and not miss them anymore

Hey I think I recognise that Cream legbar from a English Website. He sure is a nice looking boy. Isnt he the one that was shown at a English show and won BV over there

Back
Top Bottom