The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

She looks great Roger..

Its a tiny bit better here today..it has been mean cold up here, expected to be near 50 next week..cant wait...I have been doing non stop battle keeping water un-frozen..I would like to eventually have some of those auto waterers with heat control ...had some a long time ago for horses but they never worked right...maybe they are better now...All I do all day long is change out water..I opened the doors , they would come outside for a few mins and right back in..I opened the smaller doors yesterday but had no takers. they wernt coming out for any reason..it just hurts to walk outside..

You know it must be bad when they close the local ski resorts due to dangerous wind chills..they are back open today

Last edited:

They are loving this weather. We finally had above 0. Looking forward to the heat wave of 20's this coming week. I have a broody in this weather due to hatch next Friday...Frightening thinking about brand new chicks in this stuff.

I thought I saw some Gold Laced Blues in the pictures. Not sure I spotted any GL Blacks. Totally understand how captivating they are! Where did you get your breeder stock? Are you breeding towards the Eng type or SOP? They've only been recognized as a variety in Germany since '72, so you've been admiring them since their infancy sort of speak.

Everyone in this forum knows, I'm not the "keeping - quiet" type! LOL Too much drama in my backyard to keep to myself. I can speak volumes for both of us. No worries. Best of luck to you.

I only breed English Orps - no offense to anyone on here, but since this is for Imported English Orpingtons - we don't work with the American Orps. :) Breeder stock has come from many sources, most of which are on this thread (Hi Everybody!!!! I'm still alive, just been battling the horrid weather here!!).

Yes, been admiring since their infancy. I'm married to a terrific man who was born in Germany just after WWII, so we're pretty familiar with European breeds, in many cases more than many American breeds. ;)

You speak right up. :) Some of us old codgers have learned the quieter we are, the less private attacks we endure behind the scenes by those who don't really know what they are griping about. :) Getting too old to answer many of those "politely" or "politically correctly". :) :) :)

Doc

Back
Top Bottom