The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Thanks Gang :) I am walking on cloud nine :)
Typey from day one....NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
love.gif

I have come to the conclusion that I will never lose my Quarter Horse up bringing. In QHs, we like big, thick butts and chests (purists do not like the 'double butt' still occasionally present in the halter lines, though). I like fluffy, big butt chickens, too. Is it normal to 'squee' when viewing chick butts? Yes, that little buff chick's butt made me 'squee' a little. I'm just a butt girl. No way around it.

I have come to the conclusion that I will never lose my Quarter Horse up bringing. In QHs, we like big, thick butts and chests (purists do not like the 'double butt' still occasionally present in the halter lines, though). I like fluffy, big butt chickens, too. Is it normal to 'squee' when viewing chick butts? Yes, that little buff chick's butt made me 'squee' a little. I'm just a butt girl. No way around it.

Could not have said it better myself. I'm a quarter horse person too and feel like that's why I love the English Orps so much. I love me some big fluffy butts :)

Don't know if I ever showed a picture of this big butted boy with his thick self since he came through a molt. He is to dark to show but I am breeding him over splash to see what happens.
He is one Jeremy likes. Short back and stocky
100_4299_zps54e39f51.jpg

Dee I am not after all going to make the Newnan show. I am a bit sad but I have family member in the Hospital and I just cant leave. It is also going to be really cold and it is not heated indoor facility and with me having the other eye surg or Monday i just don't need to chance getting a stuffy or runny nose.
One of these days maybe we can meet up. I would love to meet all my chicken friends

Irene those buff chicks are so pretty. I am loving this big buff fluff

Last edited:
Could not have said it better myself. I'm a quarter horse person too and feel like that's why I love the English Orps so much. I love me some big fluffy butts :)

Haha... Orps and Cochins. Well, I have Ameraucanas. I guess because of the color sexing (wheatens), big beards and egg color. The Orps and Cochin are all because of the fluff. Speaking of Cochins... I want some of yours. I NEED some!

Back
Top Bottom