The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Don't know if I ever showed a picture of this big butted boy with his thick self since he came through a molt. He is to dark to show but I am breeding him over splash to see what happens.
He is one Jeremy likes. Short back and stocky
100_4299_zps54e39f51.jpg

He has very nice type... and love the fact his comb isn't supersized :)

Dee I am not after all going to make the Newnan show. I am a bit sad but I have family member in the Hospital and I just cant leave. It is also going to be really cold and it is not heated indoor facility and with me having the other eye surg or Monday i just don't need to chance getting a stuffy or runny nose.
One of these days maybe we can meet up. I would love to meet all my chicken friends

Irene those buff chicks are so pretty. I am loving this big buff fluff

Thank you Julie :) I have worn a path in the floor leading to the bator... checking for more pips. lol

Dee I am not after all going to make the Newnan show. I am a bit sad but I have family member in the Hospital and I just cant leave. It is also going to be really cold and it is not heated indoor facility and with me having the other eye surg or Monday i just don't need to chance getting a stuffy or runny nose.
One of these days maybe we can meet up. I would love to meet all my chicken friends

Irene those buff chicks are so pretty. I am loving this big buff fluff

I pray that your family member gets better really soon. Hope your surgery Mon goes as smoothly as the previous one. Someday we'll meet. World's too small. Love that boy of yours. I hope you get beautiful splash babies from him.

Last edited:
not imported orpingtons as they're still here with me in the Uk...but hope it's ok to share their photo with you here?

This is Big-B (Bertha) in the foreground and Peep-Peep in the background.

I hatched them under a broody speckledy hen last summer. 'Mum' rejected Peep-Peep and went all out to kill her from the word go, so I ended up taking her inside where she lived in my kitchen beside the aga until I got her some young buddies and heat lamp! Big-B was raised by Mum - the girls are back together again in with the flock and best of friends :) I have to admit that they are secretly my favourites ;-)

You can spot an English Orp in the hatcher. They have MUCH thicker down, and need less heat to stay comfy.
[/qyuote].

Oh no kidding? That's good to know, thank-you for sharing. Why are they so nekkid when they feather out then? (I'm not being a smart hiney, I really don't know)

Can the English Orps be feather sexed as day olds? How about tail growth? I have one that has a really long tail and the rest are sort of bob tailed. But 2 of the bob tailed chicks look like pullets me if you look at the combs. I'll try to post some pics and see what y'all think.

not imported orpingtons as they're still here with me in the Uk...but hope it's ok to share their photo with you here?

This is Big-B (Bertha) in the foreground and Peep-Peep in the background.

I hatched them under a broody speckledy hen last summer. 'Mum' rejected Peep-Peep and went all out to kill her from the word go, so I ended up taking her inside where she lived in my kitchen beside the aga until I got her some young buddies and heat lamp! Big-B was raised by Mum - the girls are back together again in with the flock and best of friends :) I have to admit that they are secretly my favourites ;-)

Absolutely.... glad to have you join us :)

Back
Top Bottom