The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Alton that looks like a goose egg!! Wowie!!! And the black hen is beautiful!!!! Congrats. So jealous. And love the little red guy too. Awesome birds.

Roger hope you get to feeling better.

I really like that red there Alton, He already has a good build on him, good luck with them, hope you have better luck with them than I have had with my blacks.

i just wanted to share this great story about a really great woman in the orpington world.my daughter is 13 an has been working with orpingtons sence she was 8.she won reserve champion LF in jr's in ct show the little rhodey an boston poultry show an just won resrve english champion at congress with her blue roo scooby 4.well a few weeks ago a weasel got into her breeding coop at night an killer her champion blue roo that was her breeder an show bird for this up coming year.she was devastated woke me an my wife up a 6am crying so bad she couldn't breath telling us what she walked into when she went down to open the coops up.so we brought all her birds inside an we started traping an securing coops after 3 sleepless nights i cought the weseal.but her year was looking very bad sence that was her only realy nice blue she had left all the other champion roos she has are black.well i threw out some messages an no one had any sq blue roos hard time of year to find one.then the sweetest woman that my daughter got her orignal orpington line from pmed me an said i have a great blue for her.so we drove about 3.5 hrs up to her house an she GIVES my daughter a beuatful blue roo that she just loved yes that is right saved her whole season an didn't charge her anything for him.then she gives her a awsome deal on alot of eggs to start a new line again.my daughter was soooooooo happy as we where driving home she did not stop smiling just pure satifaction that she was back in the game.we get home an she is out with her roo in the garage talking an such.an she comes in an says dad scooby 5 is nicier then scooby 4 maybe everything happens for a rreason.what a great leason for a kid to learn.this great lady is RENIE'S PEEPS'S an she truely is my daughters gaurding angel.thans soooooooooo much an we will def be back up to have some lunch an hang out.she truely saved my daughter breeding season we could never thank her enough but shows us there really still are some great people out there.

Great story. Thanks for Sharing. Kudos to Renie's Peeps

Last edited:
I know, so fantastic Renie Did this for her..These kids are the future, without them there is no future..People need to think about that befor they treat these kids bad..a bad experience for kids is a dark stain on orpingtons and thier breeders....So renie is a saint for doing that..we need more like her..I wish adults would drop thier selfish , self centered , its all about me additiudes..

Last edited:
I know, so fantastic Renie Did this for her..These kids are the future, without them there is no future..People need to think about that befor they treat these kids bad..a bad experience for kids is a dark stain on orpingtons and thier breeders....So renie is a saint for doing that..we need more like her..I wish adults would drop thier selfish , self centered , its all about me additiudes.. 

Totally agree!

Quarter horses and paints here, thus the "rockinpaints", a handle I've had for over 20 years.  Actually stemming from our farm Rockin' G Ranch and Paint horses combined.  In a forum many years ago someone asked if I was an artist ........:lau ........ I had to explain it stood for horses not paintings.

Isnt It funny, I Figured You might have Paint Horses..I had no idea we had so many horse people in here..and we all have a big love for the English orps Too.. how neat we all kind of met in this thread..won a few dressage championships on a quarter horse..what he lacked in scope and size he made up for in pure heart and we would just get lost in it..best time ever..as for the EOs all entertainment all day..had a hawk in the trees out back..the alarm went out..everybody ran..boo froze for a minute..when he finally took off galloping..we were in peels of laughter..he was holding his head way back like his feet couldn't get there fast enough..
Looks like I missed a lot of horse talk by not checking this thread yesterday! I too used to show horses. haha small world!

I too have been the recipient of the kindness and generosity of other fellow Orpington friends on here... Vivi, Julie, Dee, Don, Louise, Bill, Brooke, Amy, Jimmy and the list just keeps growing. I am proud to be apart of this group :)

Back
Top Bottom