The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Jeremy OMG those r gorgeous and very typey. I didn't even like crele(legbar) til I seen these, R these your birds cause if so how do I get on the list? Seriously?
droolin.gif

The Creles aren't mine, I guess I should have been a little more specific and stated that I was just using the pictures as an example of the color... I didn't mean to get everyone excited.
tongue2.gif

They actually belong to Essex Orpingtons in the United Kingdom, they have a flock of almost every Orpington color you can imagine.

I've never really been a fan of Lavender (dish water
wink.png
) BUT I really like these birds, which also belong to Essex Orpingtons, they call them "Isabel Partridge Cuckoo"... which genetically are just Crele birds with 2 copies of the Lav gene, Lavender Crele.

cimg0085.jpg

cimg0076.jpg

ETA: Nellie, don't you have a Lavender colored cockerel that came out of your eggs marked Crele? I wonder if he is actually one of these? Do you have any recent pictures of him?

Last edited:
The Creles aren't mine, I guess I should have been a little more specific and stated that I was just using the pictures as an example of the color... I didn't mean to get everyone excited.
tongue2.gif

They actually belong to Essex Orpingtons in the United Kingdom, they have a flock of almost every Orpington color you can imagine.

wink.png
) BUT I really like these birds, which also belong to Essex Orpingtons, they call them "Isabel Partridge Cuckoo"... which genetically are just Crele birds with 2 copies of the Lav gene, Lavender Crele.

cimg0085.jpg

cimg0076.jpg

ETA: Nellie, don't you have a Lavender colored cockerel that came out of your eggs marked Crele? I wonder if he is actually one of these? Do you have any recent pictures of him?

Oh my. I love Crele and I like Lav. Both together are dreamy. Whoever imports these, I want on your list.

tongue2.gif

wink.png

cimg0085.jpg

cimg0076.jpg

Jeremy,
These make my navel tingle. I might have to build an underground bunker to hide these from the "Chicken Police" in this town.

Last edited:
tongue2.gif

wink.png

cimg0085.jpg

cimg0076.jpg

Yes. This one isn't too recent it was taken in January (he is all grown up and huge now) I will have to get some new ones.

Ok everyone here r a couple updated photos of the white English Orp chick I hatched from a Big blue roo over a very big black hen. Altho some of his/her brood mates like to use him/her as toilet paper and he/she is not the cleanest. He/she is still feathering in solid white so far with solid white wings and tail and white shoulder feathers have begun coming in. This chick is doing very well still and growing like a weed. If u compare to previous pictures u can see the beak and especially the legs r becoming lighter with age instead of darker so I expect they will be fully white also in the next week or so. Is it just me or is this chick starting to look a bit roostery? I still havnt named it yet as Im waiting to see what sex it is. Right now I still call it the oddball chick.

Ok everyone here r a couple updated photos of the white English Orp chick I hatched from a Big blue roo over a very big black hen. Altho some of his/her brood mates like to use him/her as toilet paper and he/she is not the cleanest. He/she is still feathering in solid white so far with solid white wings and tail and white shoulder feathers have begun coming in. This chick is doing very well still and growing like a weed. If u compare to previous pictures u can see the beak and especially the legs r becoming lighter with age instead of darker so I expect they will be fully white also in the next week or so. Is it just me or is this chick starting to look a bit roostery? I still havnt named it yet as Im waiting to see what sex it is. Right now I still call it the oddball chick.
You have received a gift. Please use it well.

Back
Top Bottom