The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

After dealing with fertility issues, I finally have some fertile eggs from my LF chocolate/mauve project! Out of 19 eggs, 4 are developing! I know, not a good percentage, but considering I have set every egg for the last 2 months (over 150) and none developed, this is great news! I trimmed tushies a few weeks ago hoping I'd have chicks by now. Oh well. I knew someday they'd come!

Last edited:
After dealing with fertility issues, I finally have some fertile eggs from my LF chocolate/mauve project! Out of 19 eggs, 4 are developing! I know, not a good percentage, but considering I have set every egg for the last 2 months (over 150) and none developed, this is great news! I trimmed tushies a few weeks ago hoping I'd have chicks by now. Oh well. I knew someday they'd come!
You might be a hatch-o-holic. I am. But, there's no harm in that. It just means you are willing to work your tail off with keeping up with the chicks. Best wishes on on fertility. It can be a struggle sometimes with these fluffy Orps. Patience. Oh, patience.

You might be a hatch-o-holic. I am. But, there's no harm in that. It just means you are willing to work your tail off with keeping up with the chicks. Best wishes on on fertility. It can be a struggle sometimes with these fluffy Orps. Patience. Oh, patience.

I seem to be a glutton for fluff. Between the bantam English Orps, LF English Orps and the bantam Cochins, I have a lot of tushies to pluck and trim. There's over 40 out there to deal with. I kind of miss the Ameraucanas for that reason.

eta: Oh, definitely a hatchalolic. I set everything my girls give me. I had over 80 hatch last week!

Last edited:
My new Gold Laced babies...so excited, as these are my first offsping
from this couple...

Wow
ep.gif
they are soooo pretty! i just wanna squish their fluffiness!

Back
Top Bottom