The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Oh Marc !!! Lord we wish we could be there to help..such a nightmare! there are no words to really decribe how bad we feel..NYS and Pa search, rescue and clean up groups are on stand by waiting the call..

Can they build some kind of mound homes 1 story underground, one above with concrete and plants over the building instead of the same type buildings over and over so this stops happening? I wish bill gstes and other billionairs would put thier coconuts together and come up with a solution for tornadoe prone locations.... do some trial mound homes..yea they dont look sweet on the outside but safe and sound is what matters...sorry, thinking out loud..this is just going to keep happening..

I believe I heard that the ground out there is so rocky and hard that it is very difficult and costly to dig down to put basements ?
idunno.gif

Trying to get my mind off what I just saw on TV..so went out with the poultry..

Dont have anything much to say.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I just found this thread & have a question maybe some of you could help me with. I won an auction for Orp chicks from Greenfire, the colors were supposed to be red, jubilee, partridge & gold lace. I took pics the day they arrived, they are all healthy & beautiful- but I am not sure what colors these are. Now they are developing the little wing feathers, some are solid white? Some are white & buff wings? I emailed GF to ask what colors they sent, have not heard back from them. Here are the pics, any input would be appreciated!

The yellowish ones are jubilee orps, dark chipmunk ones are partridge... Some do look white, I did not know greenfire had whites. I don't see any gold lace, but I am not great with that coloring. Those light ones with the silver-ish wings... IDK!

Edit- I've never seen a red orpington chick, but I am guessing they look similar to jubilee Orp chicks since the base color is the same. That's just a guess though.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I just found this thread & have a question maybe some of you could help me with. I won an auction for Orp chicks from Greenfire, the colors were supposed to be red, jubilee, partridge & gold lace. I took pics the day they arrived, they are all healthy & beautiful- but I am not sure what colors these are. Now they are developing the little wing feathers, some are solid white? Some are white & buff wings? I emailed GF to ask what colors they sent, have not heard back from them. Here are the pics, any input would be appreciated!

Looks like Partridge, Jubilee, possible gold laced and and red (at this age they look a little alike) and for sure the rest are white - silver - black wings will turn white. Lovely bunch.
Congratulations
love.gif

I see red and partridge. Here are my red and partridge when I first got them. The north and south chick are the reds and the east and west chicks are the partridge.
I would guess you have some jubilees in there too. I am not sure about the white/silver looking ones. Please let me know what GFF says they are! I am really curious.

Also I think the reds and partridge have light feathers on their ankles, at least mine did when I first got them. Most of the ankle feathers have since gone away.

The silver and black winged ones are whites
smile.png
. Greenfire does have white, just not on their website.

These are all whites in the picture.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom