The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

[COLOR=800080]Sorry to jump in here, just wanted to say I have the Eng Chocolate Orp bantams, they are my favorites so far with my birds. Not only are they beautiful, but they are the sweetest most personable creatures.[/COLOR]

Thanks for your input, that's great to hear. Right now I have Seramas, Cochin bantams and Wyandotte bantams. My Serama roo by far has to be the friendliest, but I wanted to add another breed that is just as friendly.

OK, Nellie, I'm officially blind. I've played Where's Waldo and couldn't find the Gold Laced among her chicks...
I'd be happy if some did magically appeared
ep.gif

Hmm, okay. So I guess I'll go with better looking English Orps. Can I show them though?

Chocolate is not an accepted color- but you can show them. I think you just aren't eligible to win best of breed, or class. I haven't made it to a show yet, but that's what I've read. I know blue, black and buff are accepted- maybe white. I'm not sure on that one though.

Chocolate is not an accepted color- but you can show them. I think you just aren't eligible to win best of breed, or class. I haven't made it to a show yet, but that's what I've read. I know blue, black and buff are accepted- maybe white. I'm not sure on that one though.

In all other varieties are eligible to win best of class?

I ordered two dozen eggs from Rebel Yell because I wanted a good chance at 12 chicks, but I got 21 of the fat lil' things.
Very cute - such a serious expression!

BantyChickenLuv - I really love my Bantam English Chocolate Orpingtons. Truthfully I have been bitten by the Orpington bug and love them all!
Good luck!

Debbie

Last edited:
Hmm, okay. So I guess I'll go with better looking English Orps. Can I show them though?
I sure hope I don't get something started here, But yes you can, They are Orpingtons, England is where they were made if it wernt for the English birds we wouldn't have them at all, I show mine every chance I get & do fairly good with them, You get out there & show them birds !!!!!!!!!!
Gota love em !!!!!!!!!!!!
Rebel

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom