The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Quote:
Mine are taking a while to feather!! I know what you mean. I assume yours are considered large fowl?

Oh yes these are large fowl - no bantams in my flocks!
smile.png

Quote:
Mine are taking a while to feather!! I know what you mean. I assume yours are considered large fowl?

Oh yes these are large fowl - no bantams in my flocks!
smile.png

Mine are large fowl too. I have an opportunity to import some bantam jubliees - but not sure if there are any interest.

I am thinking of another line of Jubliees next year when my UK contact's LF Jubliees start laying again. But it just depends on the demand goes.

Jeremy has me poking at my contact for Diamond Jubliees......LOL

Last edited:
The winners of the UK Type Orpington awards were picked; however, the owners could not be located before we left. This was done by a committee of the appointed judge and officers of the AOPF. The certificates will be mailed to the winners at the address on the exhibitors list.

The Award Certifiactes were on display at the AOPF/ETF/BYC booth all weekend. Many BYC members stopped by and visited with us.

The Best UK Type Orpington will recieve the $100 value Award Certificate from http://www.heirloomorpingtons.com courtesy of the American Orpington Poultry Fanciers. Look for it in the mail in the next few days.

47716_best_uk_type_orp_crossroads_2011.jpg

The Reserve UK Type Orpington will recieve the $50 value Award Certificate from http://www.heirloomorpingtons.com courtesy of the American Orpington Poultry Fanciers. Look for it in the mail in the next few days.

47716_reserve_uk_type_orp_crossroads_2011.jpg

FYI: Only the appointed judge ever handled the entries. The AOPF appreciates Marc Sarce for his generocity in donating these awards. The AOPF plan on working towards a CASH award for our 2012 National. Though these two birds, as % birds, may not meet the UK Standard, they were the closest to the UK Type in the show.

Well, this IS news, Jim. So this all came about since leaving the Show room...... corrrect? Just yesterday, after the show, I read.....

Noone brought any UK type. There were obvious % birds, but the certificates were not awarded. Two % Orps were DQ for stubs. Sad, Would have been nice to see some Chocolates. Folks spent hundreds, perhaps thousands of dollars and leave them home.

So, who was your judge? A coupon for % off of a purchase is a different kind of prize. A "have to purchase," to get use of you prize? Odd, very odd to me.​

Back
Top Bottom