The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by justuschickens59, Aug 13, 2010.

1. DaveK

DaveK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Bob, I don't think that thread can be moved. A link to it can be posted but folks can just go and look. And it is well worth a good look. Those partridge are stunning. Love the color and feather quality of the hens especially. Thanks for the visual treat.
  2. galanie

galanie Treat Dispenser No More

Aug 20, 2010
  3. sewandgrow

sewandgrow Sewandgrow

Sep 7, 2010
    Turlock California
    Went to the Fresno California show this week end for the first time. It was a much bigger show than I expected having been told that it was a smaller show.
    I learned alot this week end............. Not just about looking for stubs.........LOL
    The biggest revelation I had was that my big beautiful Buff Orpingtons are English in the sense that they are in the English class of the APA standards not English in the sense they are from the UK. The guy I bought them from, an APA judge, in no way meant to mislead me & when I asked if they were English he said yes meaning they are shown in the English class, not that they were British...............SO funny. I am not disappointed. They are big beautiful birds from Terry Brit a well known respected breeder & I am lucky to have them.
    Hardly any Orpingtons there though. The Blue APA girl I took & 3 Buffs I think.
    Always so nice to see so many different birds. I sold all the ones I took to pass on & won the bird raffle for a pair of SQ Black Minorcas from Bridget Little. I have a pair of her's already & needed another puller...Perfect.!!!!!
    My grand daughter & I had a blast. I hope to do alot more of this in the future.
  4. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks for sharing those Bob. There is something striking about seeing those colors on a really large bird.
  5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Oh my gosh, I am so excited!!!! Found an egg in the jubilee pen today! It is small and I will wait a few weeks but this is what I was waiting for. I am just so glad I will be able to set some of these next month with my cream legbars and Breda fowl! Sorry, just needed to tell someone.
  6. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Does anyone have Englsih-type whites? Never see any pics.....
  7. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    HappyMtn I know if there are any here yet. I know there are some trying to get them.

Just wanted to share something funny. Those cute little fluff butts i recently took photos of will be 2 weeks old Tues. I was cutting some soap I made and needed a broom to sweep up a mess I made so I went to the Laundry room and saw some brown spots on the floor. It looked like chickie poop. I looked in the tub and noticed not enough chicks. I got to looking and there was a blue chick at the back of the tub that had managed to get out while we were at Church. Looks like they will be going outside tomorrow. They are growing so fast I need to go look at the ones in the brooder outside. I bet they have grown too. My husband has been taking care of everything for me lately as I have I been recovering a Surgery. I am doing so well. and am so thankful
  8. OSUman

Apr 17, 2009
    Central Illinois
  9. aveca

aveca Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Waverly, NY
    So glad your doing well Julie!
    and it is always such a treat seeing those new babies every year..we are just gearing up checking hatching equipment..
  10. Renie'sPeeps

Renie'sPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Orford, NH
    I am sorry Julie... didnt know you had to go in for surgery. Glad to hear you are doing better <hugs> I don't know if you know.. but I have goats now.. My big nigerian is over at a friends house boarding with one of her pygmy bucks. Should have some kids come summer thus lots of milk to make soap :) Soo looking forward to learning how. :) Get well soon... you are missed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by