The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by justuschickens59, Aug 13, 2010.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    ah ha! thank you...haven't tried since I came back. I have a blue roo, a splash roo, 3 black hens and 1 blue hen...please excuse the ameraucana and ee's in the background, the black girl kicked them out of their dirt bath area. Also, the tails don't look ideal because their roost is too close to the wall and it has messed those feathers up. They will have a new home in 2 weeks!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. RisingStar

RisingStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Vancouver, Wa
    beautiful birds!!! I like them a lot

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    thanks, can't take credit though, Julie bred these babies [​IMG] . I have 2 pullets from Joy that hang out in a much muddier area on the property and they look messy.
    I did have 7 black roos with these but culled them. I honestly couldn't decide which to keep and was going to cull the splash but he is nice. The black roos were always terrorizing all my free range hens and were starting to hurt them. The blue roo has been a favorite of mine for a long time, he is so nice and passive. I am still learning type so not sure if they were good choices...but on my property, personality tops almost everything else...

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Very nice! Love the blacks.

5. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I was thinking about putting the extra jubilee roo with those girls, but maybe a project for next year. Have to increase my numbers of some of my other breeds first and dh has set rules for the amount of hatching that is allowed (and the number of bators I can run [​IMG] )....of course

6. RisingStar

RisingStar Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Vancouver, Wa
    I got mine from Bamachicken as well. She is one fantastic chicken breeder!! Love my 100% English birds. In fact, thats all I have now days. AND thats the only ones I want to keep.

7. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Gorgeous Orps. Krista you can send that blue male back to me if you want . His color and size are just great.
    great tail and comb on him too.
    Love the lacing on all those birds

8. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    Look at those cute fluffy bums already!

9. Orpy Lady

Orpy Lady Out Of The Brooder

Feb 11, 2009
    Oh Rising Star, is it Carol? I just love those blue orpingtons, they are spot on for the base colour and lacing too. Brilliant, what a way to go !!!! Sandy[​IMG]

10. orpington man

orpington man Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2012
    I seem to have posted pictures of partridge into a new thread, don't know how i managed it! haven't a clue how to move it to this thread so if you go into PARTRIDGE AND BLUE PARTRIDGE ORPINGTONS you should see the pictures,

as has been said using other breeds can throw up future problems and some are hard to eradicate, but i introduced wyandotte to make both partrige and one line of blue laced, the type was less good initially but the yellow was eradicated much quicker than the feather legged gene would be, i'm still occassionally haunted by feathers appearing on the legs of cuckoo due to using a north holland blue to introduce the cuckoo gene, legfeathers appear quite often over here due to continental bloodlines which used cochin extensively to make them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by