The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

This is my first time having orps, this is Mr. Darcy, my cockerel..... Any feedback for what to improve would be great. I know he is still under a year and has to fill out more.

I was wondering... Out of curiosity... If anyone has any spare chocolate bantam cockerels or roos no older than 1yr old with leg sprigs they would want to sell. The more I look at my chocolates, the more I can see I am going to have an issue with them. I mean, they are not bantams. Mine are ranging between 6-7lbs. I want TRUE bantams. And I'd like 2 of them. A pullet/hen would be nice, too since my 5 straight run were all cockerels and I still don't have a girl.

On the topic of mauves, I wish my blues and blacks would lay already. I have 3 chocolates in with 2 black and 2 blues - LFs. They have to be getting close to the right age.
Wish you would have said something sooner. I just finished selling all my started chocolates.

In my last hatch of last year, I finally got a great cockerel. He has no stubs and all the other faults these guys came with aren't there. I was very lucky since I was dealing with such a small gene pool.

See if Don can sell you something, he got chocolates from me and my business partner and he might still have one with stubs.

Last edited:
Wish you would have said something sooner.  I just finished selling all my started chocolates.

In my last hatch of last year, I finally got a great cockerel.  He has no stubs and all the other faults these guys came with aren't there.  I was very lucky since I was dealing with such a small gene pool.

See if Don can sell you something, he got chocolates from me and my business partner and he might still have one with stubs.

Don and I are talking but he has none with leg sprigs. He still may be able to help. Thanks, Jean.

Back
Top Bottom