The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Updated pics of the buff laced
smile.png

love them middle pic is def my favoritevery cool

does anyone breed nice whites my daughter loves the whites we have bought hatching eggs before but where not happy at all with the type at all.an i have seen a few around but never any we really like type wise.so let see some pics lol.

Hi Vivi,

My only thought here: so sad that the original importer crossed his imported lemon cuckoos with another breed. Don't want to hurt your feelings since the sole responsability lies with him.
In my opinion they don't look like English Orpingtons at all.
I have here also 2 lemon cuckoo hens that I bought from a fellow breeder in NC and they look like nothing. I showed the creator of the Lemon Cuckoos (Bob Follows) some pictures of my birds and his comment was very short : cull them.
So the existing Lemon Cuckoos here in the States need a lot of work and dedication to bring them back to the English standard.
I'm putting a single factor red cuckoo 100% English Orpingtons with my 2 cull hens and hope to improve them in a couple of generations by selecting and culling thouroughly.
Again, I didn't want to hurt your feelings but a lot of work that was put in these birds by the original breeder was simply "destroyed" by breeding another chicken breed into them.

Marc
Marc I understand what you are saying but, I choice to work on this breed because of what greedy people have done to it. The ELCO does not deserve to fall to the wayside because of the making of the mighty dollar. Raising chickens should be about keeping legacy for future generations not lining a pockets. So I'll do what it takes to help bring it back. I have everything I need to pull the breed back into the right direction. The key is to keep the bad genes at bay if at possible. The problem is people want fashion chicken of the day, and when the fashion passes the chicken is discharged like an old shoe truly sad.
VIVI

does anyone breed nice whites my daughter loves the whites we have bought hatching eggs before but where not happy at all with the type at all.an i have seen a few around but never any we really like type wise.so let see some pics lol.
I know Marc does for a fact. I'm getting some birds not directly from him, but his line none the less in a week or two. I have been looking around and have found great stock both in his own birds, and the birds he passes on to those who do business with him. His site is HeirloomOrpingtons.com , or just PM him here. His username is redirevo.

Here are some chicks from a trial hatching. They vary in age by a three week span. Hatched from a pair that was very large. A light blue young cock and Splash hen. Both were some of the largest Orps I own. I wanted to see if the cross would produce large offspring. The funny thing is the coloring. The blue chicks are averaging out more dark blue chicks than when I hatched from a Black/splash paring. Good news is I have nearly all blue pullets and two splash cockerels. I will grow these out to see what they turn out like and then may cull the whole bunch. There are a few bantam choc in the pic

418923_10200610361530708_299214135_n.jpg

485941_10200610360050671_296598900_n.jpg

Love the face on this cockerel. Looks like he is say "seriously"
556955_10200610360130673_1788687482_n.jpg

Love this five week old although she is to dark. She is a very round little girl. I will def grow her out and see how she turns out type wise
295543_10200610361290702_772073251_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom