The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Did you weigh him yet. My 13 # rooster doesn't even have a chest of 1 1/2 feet wide. You may have a record there for the Guinness book.

Not yet But I will ..I might be worng Harry..But my lord that bird is just massive..the other day , he was standing in front of the gate, the gate is little over 3 ft wide, he took up the lion share of the gate, thought my god how wide is this thing? so we put a yardstick on the gate....Hes not that tall, just unbeleivably wide...I am going to take pics so we can all see for ourselves..I dont have any photoshop skills LOL! so what you see is what you get..I thought.. Now you have me scared of posting a picture thou..With Bibby getting unexpected people showing up for buffs, Vickie having birds stolen..it is scarey thou I work at home and with husbands contracting biz, we have high def cameras everywhere even bottom of driveway.. ..I bought an extra large hen saddle, and it literally held UK hens wings up in the air..she couldnt put her wings down , might just be the make of the saddle , it is very well made, just too small..the tag says XLG....had to take it back off..and order some from UK..

Last edited:
LOL, Husbands contractors just went out with me and measured..they said see Lynne, this is why we dont let you build anything..this is roughly 14 - 15 inches going to say 14 to be safe.. not 2 ft...
tongue.png
..Thought because the gate was three ft he must be at least 2 beacuse he fills up the area..they corrected me, the wooden frame is 3 ft, the wire internal is 2 point something....They are always telling me I would be a good simpsons episode, instead of when buildings fall, its when women build...so DUH on me...

I know last year when I cut out cages, the men gave me strict instructions,....I still did it wrong..the sides didnt fit each other..hee hee..they wound up redoing it for me....Oh well

Last edited:
Thanks Harry but I don't have any pride at all. I don't even know how it happens sometimes so I cant say I did it.
This is his daddy and I just bred a splash hen to him and hatched 15 chicks and got rid of the darker ones and kept these five. I am hoping they will make some good looking blues bred to my other blues . There color is good enough to show though. I sure appreciate your confidence in my breeding efforts though. I value your opinion
100_7333.jpg

Every time I see pictures of your birds I go all drooly.
droolin.gif

Every time I see pictures of your birds I go all drooly.
droolin.gif
I believe Julie and Joy may have imported the best UK or otherwise Orpingtons into the USA. They are hard to beat at the shows. I am impressed because they are a Prepotent strain of birds. Don;t have to hatch many to have some good ones produced.

I believe Julie and Joy may have imported the best UK or otherwise Orpingtons into the USA.  They are hard to beat at the shows.  I am impressed because they are a Prepotent strain of birds.  Don;t have to hatch many to have some good ones produced.

Now that I'm done having my blond moment...I agree 100 %.. simply the best..the lacing the body shape..and just when you think it can't get any better..she and Roger show how they arnt done yet.

Last edited:
Now that I'm done having my blond moment...I agree 100 %.. simply the best..the lacing the body shape..and just when you think it can't get any better..she and Roger show how they arnt done yet.
Lynne your too funny..
Thanks for all the compliments on the Boys. And yes I am very excited about the FLUFFS , oh I mean Buffs. Hope mine gets to 30 inches chest Lynne.
lau.gif
.. Sorry I couildnt resist

Back
Top Bottom