The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I took a few pics of the Lemon Cuckoo pair I picked up yesterday. They are a good bit thinner than when I first saw them last wk- don't know if she was not feeding them or what but they are very hungry & thirsty when I got them home. The roo is a little more leggy than I like, but I think I can work with it. He's 8 mo & the hen is 7 mo. old. Also took a few pics of their chicks I got last wk, they are 5 days now I think.For some reason I can only post a few pics @ the same so sorry in advance for multi post...

[COLOR=800080]I took a few pics of the Lemon Cuckoo pair I picked up yesterday. They are a good bit thinner than when I first saw them last wk- don't know if she was not feeding them or what but they are very hungry & thirsty when I got them home. The roo is a little more leggy than I like, but I think I can work with it. He's 8 mo & the hen is 7 mo. old. Also took a few pics of their chicks I got last wk, they are 5 days now I think.For some reason I can only post a few pics @ the same so sorry in advance for multi post...[/COLOR] [COLOR=800080] [/COLOR] [COLOR=800080] [/COLOR]
Maybe get some english buffs and outcross? They seem to be having the same thin/leggy issues as the lavender orps

hiya Peeps! Please send good vibes, my daughter has decided to show her blue English Orps (even though they are only 3 1/2 months) they look as large as they other full grown Orps -some hens, being shown. But their combs are still not colored up, ect....

Thanks for the compliment's on the Silver Lace you guys.

Here is a picture of my Large Fowl Chocolate Cuckoo Rooster I took yesterday. He is only about 6 months old, but thinks he is a stud
roll.png

Hoping to hatch some chicks from him very soon. He is acting interested in my hens already
Nice looking boy..wow
hiya Peeps! Please send good vibes, my daughter has decided to show her blue English Orps (even though they are only 3 1/2 months) they look as large as they other full grown Orps -some hens, being shown. But their combs are still not colored up, ect....
Good luck!!!

These are "supposed" to be Eng lines from GFF when they had them...The problem with adding the buffs is I don't like the color, I really like the light lemony color. Going to see if I can find some more light lemons with better type to add in. Here's a few more pics, for some reason I'm having trouble posting pics today. And I know I'm supposed to build the barn before painting it LOL, but how do I do this without loosing light lemon color?

Ok here is a question for the ones of you who know about color genetics- If I cross in some Eng White Orps with the Lemon Cuckoo- how will that effect color in the chicks? I know if I use buffs the color will get darker, unless I could find some really light buffs maybe?

[COLOR=800080] [/COLOR] [COLOR=800080]These are "supposed" to be Eng lines from GFF when they had them...The problem with adding the buffs is I don't like the color, I really like the light lemony color. Going to see if I can find some more light lemons with better type to add in. Here's a few more pics, for some reason I'm having trouble posting pics today. And I know I'm supposed to build the barn before painting it LOL, but how do I do this without loosing light lemon color?[/COLOR] [COLOR=800080] [/COLOR]
If I'm not mistaken Lemon cuckoo is just buff with barring. The barring is what dilutes the buff to a lemon color. I think you would add buff to improve type. You can get cuckoo back easy. I think... I have not really studied buff much.

Back
Top Bottom