The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

you would have a great time..its only 1 day most times, no more than a couple days.. the birds dont get worn out..a long time ago we would go to the fair shows just to support the local happenings but it was too much..

Last edited:

Went to the KY state fair today. Man,most of the birds looked rough. Guess it was the stress of all those people. Any how, these two ladies caught my eye. No idea who they belong to.

Is the top picture a BLRW? Unkempt birds and birds that are not handled are one thing, when birds are obviously sick...that's what makes me crazy.

We have a good time at the shows, Preparation is a bear, but fun seeing all those poultry loving folks when you are at the show. We stick to the short shows and have avoided our State Fair in the past as it is a week long, INSIDE in early January, and requires immunization with a live virus. Kind of like a triple whammy.

My problem at the shows is that I bring my kids and have a tough time seeing everything poultry wise as I spend a lot of time corralling the kiddos.

Last edited:
Hey Blarney, have no idea what the top one is. She was thrown in the isle with the orps and marked English division/class like the orps were. I just really liked her color. Poor thing had an egg she was guarding too. What hen goes broody at a fair?

Last edited:
Hey Blarney, have no idea what the top one is. She was thrown in the isle with the orps and marked English division/class like the orps were. I just really liked her color. Poor thing had an egg she was guarding too. What hen goes broody at a fair?

That's a blue laced red Wyandotte. American bird..... Not English......

Possibly..
It could also be an English Orpington
I'd be willing to bet quite a bit that its not an Orp. But who knows what it was entered as. Looks like a blue laced red Wyandotte. I think there is someone that has blue laced red orps in America, but I think they still look like wyandottes (in body shape). Just my 2 cents though.

I just thought I would pop in and post a picture of one of my favorite birds on the farm. These are Isabel Cuckoo Orpingtons and extremely rare in this Country. The birds are a base lavender with cuckoo barring in the roosters and buff highlights in the feathers of both genders. These are direct UK Imports (not projects) and as with most, the pictures do not do them justice.

I just thought I would pop in and post a picture of one of my favorite birds on the farm. These are Isabel Cuckoo Orpingtons and extremely rare in this Country. The birds are a base lavender with cuckoo barring in the roosters and buff highlights in the feathers of both genders. These are direct UK Imports (not projects) and as with most, the pictures do not do them justice.

That is such a yummy color. Love that! What do the girls look like?

She's most definitely a WYANDOTTE. Look at the rose comb. Not an Orp.

Back
Top Bottom