The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Does anyone know -- How much layer feed in gram does a 4kg Orpington eat in a week ?
frow.gif

Deek,

Nice pullet..

I have a pullet with a dark face. Full English Orp..Black to Black breeding. All the chicks from the black to black breeding had black faces, the boys turn pink around 3 weeks, the one girl has not turned yet
hu.gif
First time I heard it called gypsy face..can you tell me what that means?

I'm actually not out crossing to black as I previously thought I would. I ended up with 6 GL pullets that show very nice type. I will work with them as is. I am keeping a 100% black line. Seeing all that emerald sheen won me over. If at any time I feel as if I need to out cross, I will be ready.

I'm actually not out crossing to black as I previously thought I would. I ended up with 6 GL pullets that show very nice type. I will work with them as is. I am keeping a 100% black line. Seeing all that emerald sheen won me over. If at any time I feel as if I need to out cross, I will be ready.
YAY! I am glad you decided to do that! You will love breeding those blacks!!!

There will always be a demand for quality Blacks. Blues, Lavs, Chocs, Mottleds, etc. can all use the base for outcrossing.

That and the original Orps were Black, so it's like you're maintaining a little piece of history.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom