The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Lynne, my poor husband is getting into the whole chicken thing too. Poor guy. I told him this morning before he left for work, "let's look at the girl's tails this weekend." And he said, "I knew there'd be something I'd like about keeping chickens." Have to love the man. It takes a sense of humor to work with these birds.

LOL!!!!!

Lynne, my poor husband is getting into the whole chicken thing too. Poor guy. I told him this morning before he left for work, "let's look at the girl's tails this weekend." And he said, "I knew there'd be something I'd like about keeping chickens." Have to love the man. It takes a sense of humor to work with these birds.
lau.gif

Sounds like my hubby! If ya can't beat 'em...

LOL!! i know..my husband was always like...yep theres a chicken..and didnt give them a second thought other than honey do projects I drag him and contractors to do for me..then when his friends started really going nuts over the birds , now hes more interested..last saturday he talked non stop about how he and Steve had this long conversation about those buffs...Steve was crazy about them, he couldnt even stand to eat without looking at those birds...He asked hubby a lot of questions, but hubby Didnt know the answers..I said , I told you all about those birds but like most men , if it isnt interesting to them they dont hear you...you just get the "yes dear" to appease you but he didnt hear a word you said..and now he wants to know more so he can answer questions.....

I enjoy learning about your whites. Fascinating. I sooooo love the whites. Do they handle the heat any better? My blacks sure hate the heat. They start panting before the GL do

Very sweet temprament..I love the whites too..has been a passion for a long time..lots to learn

:lau

LOL!! i know..my husband was always like...yep theres a chicken..and didnt give them a second thought other than honey do projects I drag him and contractors to do for me..then when his friends started really going nuts over the birds , now hes more interested..last saturday he talked non stop about how he and Steve had this long conversation about those buffs...Steve was crazy about them, he couldnt even stand to eat without looking at those birds...He asked hubby a lot of questions, but hubby Didnt know the answers..I said , I told you all about those birds but like most men , if it isnt interesting to them they dont hear you...you just get the "yes dear" to appease you but he didnt hear a word you said..and now he wants to know more so he can answer questions.....
My husband has paid pretty good attention with the birds. He did ask me to accompany him into Moose's new coop to measure for some trim this morning, though.Big man x Big chicken stand off. Too much testosterone there! Moose just dances.

Getting a man started on flowers is something else. My husband could identify "Red flower...Yellow flower", when I met him. After about 3 garden tours, and talking to innumerable old garden club biddies, he now sounds quite like a pro.When they then ask for the Latin names, he's liable to make something up !

Back
Top Bottom