The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

awww man!! but he seems to have bo in him dont you think?

Hon it is fine your bird is nice. Just keep being excited about your birds Hon and you will gain knowledge experience along the way. None of us no everything about birds. I have been raising for over 30 years and learn something everday. I have had English Orpingtons 3 half years. We are to share our knowledge with each other and not act as we no everything. Be cause of where you gather information from. There are lots of knowledge people over at the United Orpington Club that is knowledgeable and very nice that have more experience then someone breeding the breed for a couple of years.Please feel free to ask questions.
Vivi

Vivian, He looks to have Potential. Is he strait Import or 1/2
I was referring to your Cockerel. I don't have any Strait Import Birds. My results were fairly consistent on Pullets but Cockerels Varied quite a bit. Some Very near Import Size and some much heavier. I was wondering what the actual weight is on strait Import Pullets at point of lay.

Is it typical for pullets to have red around their eyes? I've been thinking this was a pullet. not much comb development but definitely pink around the eyes. And am I seeing saddle feathers. I'm hoping not. My other English Orp just went back to the breeder because he was definitely a roo.

"She" is 9 weeks in these pics.

I was referring to your Cockerel. I don't have any Strait Import Birds. My results were fairly consistent on Pullets but Cockerels Varied quite a bit. Some Very near Import Size and some much heavier. I was wondering what the actual weight is on strait Import Pullets at point of lay.

Hey Alan...I sent that boy to Vivi yesterday :) He is pure English...sure is nice to see that he is the same color all over :) He is very young... I checked him from head to toe before sending him.... Everything looked pretty good to me including his wings.

Hey Alan...I sent that boy to Vivi yesterday :) He is pure English...sure is nice to see that he is the same color all over :) He is very young... I checked him from head to toe before sending him.... Everything looked pretty good to me including his wings.
Alan... just spoke to Vivi... she is under the weather :( Told me to tell you that she will be glad to send you all the chicks you want.

Alan, I have no buffs but the blacks I had that were 100% UK imported blood weighed about 9 + #'s when they started to lay but I had a blue at 1 year old that was 12 1/2 #'s. Now these were UK blacks and not ones from Europe area. The imported whites were a lot smaller than your line you had several years ago.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom