The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Good morning everyone. Its been a ling week all ready. I have been up late every night working on a new chicken coop. I have a lot of birds that need a new home, so lots of coops to build. My Crepe Orps may be laying but they are in with cuckoos, reds and lemon cuckoos. LOL.

Got some cute pics of the kids yesterday afternoon, finally got a tiny break in the weather
yesss.gif

This ones's kind of dorky but cute
big_smile.png

My BO hens and rooster always follow me around when I go outside. This past few days it seems like the BO rooster has been almost right under me, so much so that he thumps against my boots. Is he just getting underfoot or is he trying to subdue me? I can't see him doing it, I can just feel the fairly substantial thump. Thick boots.

My BO hens and rooster always follow me around when I go outside. This past few days it seems like the BO rooster has been almost right under me, so much so that he thumps against my boots. Is he just getting underfoot or is he trying to subdue me? I can't see him doing it, I can just feel the fairly substantial thump. Thick boots.

He is trying to "subdue you"........
lau.gif
Sneaky......I have had mine do that, when I turn around their like "Whaaat
idunno.gif
"
gig.gif

Thank you guys. They are so pretty in real life and the lacing is excellent. One of the issues I am seeing is white or light ear lobes on the roos. I am going to breed to the darkest Partridge roo that I posted on here the other day and see if it darkens up the ear lobes. (here is another picture of him)

The rooster in the back ground is the original imported roosters from Sandra Hildreth. The one in the foreground is his son and the roo I will be breeding the blue Partridge pullets to this year. Is that a dilute color issue with the ear lobes, the blue gene?

The light ear lobes. When he gets upset they do turn redder.......

He is trying to "subdue you"........
lau.gif
Sneaky......I have had mine do that, when I turn around their like "Whaaat
idunno.gif
"
gig.gif
Exactly.
roll.png
It's just not going to work out for him. There are other roos in the world, even though he hasn't seen any. They will be brought in. I should talk with him. Tucked under my arm. In front of his ladies.

Back
Top Bottom