The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Isn't this what created the problems with the Jubilee's coloring in the US? That leakage may still rear its ugly head generations later and/or problems with the mahagony color? This was the main reason I sold my Jubilees, leakage kept appearing in the offspring.
No, it isn't. Like @rockinpaints commented, this created issues with Mottled lines, not Jubilee.

has anyone here been having trouble with things with big teeth showing up?

I cleared out 3 skunks & 2 coons over the summer, so I figured I was all set.

Wrong! something got 1 of my blue slate turkey's & 2 meet birds all in 1 night

good thing my Orps are locked up in their coops at night.
I saw a FOX up at a open space area/park near my house, which surprised me. I live in a major metropolitan area, I never expected to see a fox in broad daylight. Coons and opossums yeah, but never a fox. Hopefully he stays up at the top of the hill where he belongs.
tongue.png

This is what flew right by me through the trees in broad daylight the other day! Luckily it had a squirrel in its talons and not one of my 11 week old's that were free ranging! I yelled at it! I said "what are you doing up in the middle of the day! Go to bed!!" It just stared at me.

This is what flew right by me through the trees in broad daylight the other day! Luckily it had a squirrel in its talons and not one of my 11 week old's that were free ranging! I yelled at it! I said "what are you doing up in the middle of the day! Go to bed!!" It just stared at me.
everything likes chicken

Wow, been a busy, busy year. I hatched out around 250 chicks, raised them up to subadulthood, and have culled, and culled, and culled.

I'm just about down to my final birds to use next spring for breeders... pretty proud of my keepers, tons of labor and feed in this group. This may be the cockrel I use next spring over these girls....

Here's pics of the parents of these birds... while nowhere near perfect, I think I've made some improvements to look forward to next year

Spangle Orpington (Cooper's Babies) Big, fluffy and round, Super gentle
We have many offspring's just like this on our farm here in WASHINGTON State
Autumn Farm Orpingtons, Farm that is dedicated to breeding quality chickens.
they do not carry the Jubilee gene that does not pass on the red feathers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom