The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

They are all so pretty, I forget to look at what I'm actually supposed to be paying attention to! :D

But I just get to look again, so that's ok!

Thank you all. I'll get some pics tomorrow, if I don't get snowed in.

can you tell which is which @WVduckchick

English on the right.

I got some pics, need to go thru them real quick. But I thought English lavs were much more uncommon. My line was sold to me as hinkjc (I take that with a grain of salt, because I don't have proof) and the one extra hen that I was given came from a breeder that also claims hinkjc lines. That's an American line, right?

English on the right.

I got some pics, need to go thru them real quick. But I thought English lavs were much more uncommon. My line was sold to me as hinkjc (I take that with a grain of salt, because I don't have proof) and the one extra hen that I was given came from a breeder that also claims hinkjc lines. That's an American line, right?
yea, American

I'm almost embarrassed to post these, my poor girls have gotten pretty muddy. Between this stupid weather, and my husband having 2 surgeries last year, my drainage is horrible. He was preparing to do some dozer work when he had to have the first surgery, and the girls have paid the price. I've done my best, but when it rains, it gets bad.

So I think mine all look pretty round and fluffy. (the cockerel is still young and growing) :confused:

I'm almost embarrassed to post these, my poor girls have gotten pretty muddy. Between this stupid weather, and my husband having 2 surgeries last year, my drainage is horrible. He was preparing to do some dozer work when he had to have the first surgery, and the girls have paid the price. I've done my best, but when it rains, it gets bad.

So I think mine all look pretty round and fluffy. (the cockerel is still young and growing) :confused:

American. How old is your rooster?

Last edited:
S
Good deal. Thanks. Still doesn't explain why the chicks look a little different though.

Boys are almost 9 months old. Hatched late June last year.
someone may have bred English into then at some point and then bred back to the American standard. I've seen that done to improve the fluff.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom