The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Quote:
Five months? Wow. My babies are a week shy of five months and aren't anywhere close to that size, yet. The girls don't even have combs, let alone red combs. I'm going to have to show them these pictures to motivate them.
big_smile.png

haha yes that rustle you heard after these pictures were posted is all of us running out to the chicken yard chanting "GROW! GROW!"

Ok just to not make you all panic, there is an age range for those birds the oldest would be just turning 6 months and the youngest about 5 months. The big blue girl would be on the older age.

Carolyn

Is there any reason that girl with the red feather SHOULDN'T go in the breeder pen, and go to the layer pen?

Marc Sarce with www.heirloomorpingtons.com in cooperation with the American Orpington Poultry Fanciers is awarding the below certificates to the Grand Champion UK Type Orpington Fowl and Reserve Grand Champion UK Type Orpington Fowl at the Crossroads of America Joint National. So bring your best UK type Orpington Fowl to Crossroads!

47716_crossroadsukaward.jpg

Quote:
Jim, exactly how is that suppose to work?? You obviously do not enter them in the show under a "UK" category, are you or someone else going to go thru all the Orpingtons entered and pick the one you think looks the most UK?? Please explain.
hu.gif

Quote:
Jim, exactly how is that suppose to work?? You obviously do not enter them in the show under a "UK" category, are you or someone else going to go thru all the Orpingtons entered and pick the one you think looks the most UK?? Please explain.
hu.gif

The Orpington Judge will have to go back through and judge them seperately from the American type. The UK Standard will also have to be used. If anyone has a copy of the UK Standard, please email it to me so we can get it to the show officials.

Quote:
hu.gif

The Orpington Judge will have to go back through and judge them seperately from the American type. The UK Standard will also have to be used. If anyone has a copy of the UK Standard, please email it to me so we can get it to the show officials.

So a judge will then re-judge all the orpingtons to UK standard??

Edited to add: Is this something all the Oprington owners who are showing have given you consent to do... having their birds judged to UK standard?? Or are you having those that want to be part of the UK judging sign up for??

Last edited:
What are the differences in the UK vs american standard(I was unaware there was a difference) and more importantly WHY is there a difference. Didnt the origion of the birds all come from the UK? When did the americans see fit to tweek the birds that came from the mother country?

Boy have I been down this path before LMAO showed Jack russells for over 15 Years...

Back
Top Bottom