The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Jeremy, here are a few pics of my Orps. I sent some a while ago but they are just growing and growing. They are 10 months old now. My birds came from Julie last April. I am SO proud of them....

Jimmy, I think they're beautiful... but of course I'm biased.
tongue.png

Your little boy seems to already have a nice round chest, I can't believe he is already crowing?

Yes sir: he is most definitely crowing. Not to long after I took these pictures and came back upstairs while I was posting the pictures he was telling me how pretty he could crow. ha,ha. They are really nice. I just wish that the pictures showed how red his comb and wattles are. The other colors seem to be true but not the comb/wattles. Oh well, you know what they look like anyway. lol

Very pretty Carol. That roo looks almost like mine. lol Just remembered, they should look alike, they are sort of kissing cousins. ha,ha.

Last edited:
Went to the coop today and had a long talk with the Jubilees (come on the rest of you have talked to chickens - admit it)......... and I discussed in detail their lack of egg production (ZERO at the moment)..........discussed changing feeds, more vitamins, more lighting, etc......it appears they are not interested in my side of the conversation......... until............ I started talking about chicken noodle, chicken gumbo, chicken and rice...chicken strips... that got a few cackles......we shall see..

HMMM wonder how a english bird tastes anyways.........................
somad.gif

Hello Marc!
Love, love the pictures! The spangles are breath taking
love.gif
I can't wait to have them! They are my favorite!! They really have nice conformation (do we say conformation in chickens?) Are the spangles bigger then the Jubilees? I love seeing pictures of your English birds
droolin.gif
I would love to come to your farm but I would have to bring my horse trailer to pick up the chickens........I hope my horse trailer is big enough for those English beauty's? I agree with you Marc, really don't care for the new byc. I find I don't go on it that much anymore......but I don't want to miss something when it comes to the English Imports!
Tonight I'm putting 12 English lavenders in the incubator keep my fingers crossed! I can't believe how much the lavender roo grew. Getting wider like a mack truck!

Went to the coop today and had a long talk with the Jubilees (come on the rest of you have talked to chickens - admit it)......... and I discussed in detail their lack of egg production (ZERO at the moment)..........discussed changing feeds, more vitamins, more lighting, etc......it appears they are not interested in my side of the conversation......... until............ I started talking about chicken noodle, chicken gumbo, chicken and rice...chicken strips... that got a few cackles......we shall see..

somad.gif

Did you take any pictures of those Jubilees while you were chatting with them Richard?
big_smile.png

I'll admit... I've wondered what kind of table bird these Orps would make, I mean, the roosters seem to get massive. I honestly don't think I could ever bring myself to process one though.

somad.gif

Oh Richard darling...I hope you know you have to speak to them with a british accent, otherwise they don't understand. But if you ask me, I think mine are deaf!

Okay Jeremy, ask and you shall receive. Just took these about 15 minutes ago. Gosh, they seem to have almost double in size already and I've only had them a little over a month. They are about the quietest birds that I've ever owned. Oh, by the way, Darwyn has been crowing for a couple of weeks now. lol For those who haven't seen my site, these two's names are Darwyn and Dahlia. ha,ha,ha These two are around 5 months old. The combs and wattles are more red then it show up on these pictures.

Jimmy - So glad to see a picture of your babies. They are looking quite spectacular !! Congrats !!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom