The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

How cute!
love.gif
I just love babies! Looks like 2 lavenders, a blue, maybe lemon cuckoos but what is the little brown one?

sorry, i should have been more specific, as they are not ALL orpingtons -- the two yellow chicks are EO basques, and the brown chipmunk one is a cream legbar -- the only orps are the two lavs and the blue, i'm just trying to guess at their genders (a little early, i realize, but what the heck...)? figured folks in this thread might have expert orp-eyes for those three...?

best,
laura

Unbeleivable Partridge hen! So many beautiful birds to look at! I love it..

I took a couple pics today.....There are 4 and they look quite a bit alike except 2 are slightly darker..I thought they were black but looks now like blue...its so much fun to watch them grow and change. there is just something special about these english birds.

Yogi, he has a little lighter laceing..but massive for a baby

boo boo the lightest

I thought this was a blk.

Mrs softie turned chocolate, she is about to molt.

thumbsup.gif
Nice Lynnie!

I love your partridges, just have to say that your Creles arent true Creles. To be Crele they have to have a set pattern base behind the barring such as BBR or Partridge. But wow that partridge is amazing, you can create true Crele with them after a few generations.
Yes, today is picture day!
wee.gif

It is difficult to tell how vivid her color is unless she is by a different color.......

Like here.......

And of course I have to add a couple of the up and coming crele boy
hide.gif

And his brother that I have never posted........

I love your partridges, just have to say that your Creles arent true Creles. To be Crele they have to have a set pattern base behind the barring such as BBR or Partridge. But wow that partridge is amazing, you can create true Crele with them after a few generations.

Yes you are correct. When we started working on them a few years ago we were very limited here in the USA as to what we had to work with and keep the type. It's been a long road and the type, leg color and feathering is just about there, and wouldn't you know it, we finally imported (and purchased) the right combination to do it correctly. Actually we imported Legbar/Crele Orps as well.

Bob Follows has been a wonderful coach in this last generation, so I must grow them out to see what we have created from this last cross, again working with all that was available to us at the time. We may just have some very flashy black and gold cuckoos
big_smile.png
, but for now we'll call them our 'crele project'.
Thanks much for the input!
wink.png
(and thanks for the nice compliment on the partridge!)

I could only find one breed standard originally for crele orps, I have it posted on the crele page on my website, but will go ahead and post it here shortly for anyone interested in the standards for the orps. It is a tiny bit different than the OE crele as they are a little more lenient with crele orp markings.
If anyone has any other information on the standards of the crele orp in other countries I would love to have a copy. Thanks!
smile.png

Crele Orp breed standard (Holland version where they are an excepted color)

"Males have a warm gold color in the Hackle,
saddle and shoulders and if possible no brown
or red in the cuckoo colored breast and thighs.
Because of the fluffiness of the orpington
feathers the pattern is not very sharp, but makes
a good picture overall.

The eye color of the crele Orpingtons is
brown-red, the beak and the legs are pink white.

The hens are a salmon color

This variety of orpington throws a variation in
coloring from bird to bird and generation to
generation making each bird very unique.
"
By Elly Vogelaar

Last edited:
Granted. the Holland Standards are a bit lienent, but will the APA Standards Committee be lienent here? Though many of these new varieties may never get SOP acceptance, I am curious if they could meet the Standard here one day. true, most just wants pretty yard candy. But some will want to exhibit these.

All this is true. There are so many new variations of Orps coming to the USA, colors that have been in England for many years and are still not accepted into breed standards over there. To get them accepted here will take many more years especially for the project colors like Crele. I've already been reamed (sorry for the terminology usage
hide.gif
) by a member on RBA for calling Jubilee orps, Jubilee orps. And he wasn't budging on the issue that we should not start out calling them Jubilees here in the USA as we will never get them accepted if we do........as they are not really 'Jubilee' they are speckled.
barnie.gif
and APA will never accept them being called 'Jubilee' so we have to change it 'right now'.
idunno.gif

All this being said I'm OK with opting for the 'pretty yard candy' and calling Jubilees 'Jubilee' until "one day" comes and we are closer to getting some of them accepted. Or at least agreeing on a universal breed standard for each color variety. Lot of work ahead, but for now I am way enjoying these beautiful birds!
smile.png
As always I appreciate all the input and views.

Nellie, please tell me by PM who spoke to you this way. I would also like to see the messages sent to you if this person is a "higher up" in the APA or ABA.

This is exactly one of the issues the "lavender" is going through. There are several varieties of chickens in the Standard now that are genetically the same color but have different names.

Let me just point out the speckled sussex and the spangled OEG..... same pattern different name. Why would they not allow the UOC, (if the birds were to be bred to Standard) to get them accepted as Jubilee?

Nellie, please tell me by PM who spoke to you this way. I would also like to see the messages sent to you if this person is a "higher up" in the APA or ABA.

This is exactly one of the issues the "lavender" is going through. There are several varieties of chickens in the Standard now that are genetically the same color but have different names.

Let me just point out the speckled sussex and the spangled OEG..... same pattern different name. Why would they not allow the UOC, (if the birds were to be bred to Standard) to get them accepted as Jubilee?

Yes I will do that, I will go back and copy his PM's to me and forward them to you. Wasn't a very nice gentleman.........very persistent
sad.png
Never would give me his real name but I think I was able to find it. I will see what all I kept.

Quote:
Personally, I agree with keeping the names of colors what has been historically listed in the Standard. However, the Jubilee Orpington was named in honor of the Jubilee. Just like the Coronation Sussex. Until an application for the acceptance of a new variety is made, nothing is for certain. We do know that the Partridge Albertan was accepted in the SOP, but as the Partridge Chantecler.

The closest we are to the Jubilee being accepted is still at least 4 years. It takes 5 breeders who will sear they have raised a variety for 5 years to apply for acceptance. It also takes a lot of ca$h! Since some of these "new" Orpington colors have just arrived, we are still some years off before it is of any true concern. Chocolate should not be an issue as it is not Dun and the Chocolate color is already listed in the Standard.

But there is no need for anyone to get rude or argumenative. Only the Standards Committee can speak for the Standards Committee. They have made it clear on the Self Blue/Lavender issue. But I have not heard anything about the Jubilee/Speckled color.

As for the APA person. Unless he is an officer of the APA or a Standards Committee member, I would ignore him.

Back
Top Bottom