The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Here are some young White Orpingtons, 100% English import.

Be still my heart!
love.gif

I've been raising chickens, ducks, and geese for years, but I'm very new to English Orpingtons. Just got my first ones (still need to get pictures, but they're very young). Since they are so young, I want to start them out right and raise them well. Is it possible for someone experienced in raising exhibition EOs to post a thread about raising them to condition for showing? Thanks!!!

Some top breeders of Orpingtons feed chick starter exclusively to all age birds. Keeping the birds out of the sun is a must for show. Proper care, lots of water and nutritious feed. Then bath the bird a few days before the show. there are several threads on show conditioning. The breed may be different, but the concept is the same.

Some top breeders of Orpingtons feed chick starter exclusively to all age birds. Keeping the birds out of the sun is a must for show. Proper care, lots of water and nutritious feed. Then bath the bird a few days before the show. there are several threads on show conditioning. The breed may be different, but the concept is the same.

Thanks! Excited that I will have hatching eggs coming from you in a little while here!!!

Back
Top Bottom