The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

It has to be at the APA Annual meet if I remember correctly, so one show with 50+

All at one show, but it doesn't not have to be at an anuual....that is the ABA requirment. We will work with you on the show and judge. I generally let the club or group suggest the place and the judges, but we can overrule one or both of those suggestions. The SOP committee makes the final decision. We have only overuled the suggested judge and venue once that I can recall and it was recently. We can't have these meets at a breed club show and we can't use their "approved" judges to do a qualifying meet. It is all pretty much common sense.....you would think. Some times the SOP committee members want to judge the qualifying meet.....in any event I feel we are easy to work with.

You want the show in a location that makes it the easiest to get those entries...you really want as many good birds as you can get in that show as long as they are meeting the standard. If a lot of junk is entered, it makes the entry look bad.

Walt

Oh ok, now I have to join the APA...
All at one show, but it doesn't not have to be at an anuual....that is the ABA requirment. We will work with you on the show and judge. I generally let the club or group suggest the place and the judges, but we can overrule one or both of those suggestions. The SOP committee makes the final decision. We have only overuled the suggested judge and venue once that I can recall and it was recently. We can't have these meets at a breed club show and we can't use their "approved" judges to do a qualifying meet. It is all pretty much common sense.....you would think. Some times the SOP committee members want to judge the qualifying meet.....in any event I feel we are easy to work with.

You want the show in a location that makes it the easiest to get those entries...you really want as many good birds as you can get in that show as long as they are meeting the standard. If a lot of junk is entered, it makes the entry look bad.

Walt

It would be one time. The APA has a qualifying meet and those are the numbers they require. The qualifhying entry has to be of equal numbers of males and females and old and young. There has to be 50 that meet the Standard description in color and type, not just 50 birds . It is better to have more than 50 birds as some may have faults that are too great to overlook....or some that can't make it to the show for some reason. In any event is is better to have more than required.

Walt

Thanks for clarifying.

the germans went all out on it .I love thier whites...I can PM you the site and lots of good reading under the white section , you have to sift through a lot but good stuff in there..Lots of color info too, suprising and interesting,.....I still have tons to learn, but remember reading the whole white section and that was part of it.they also said once in a while you will see a little yellow in beak ect, throw back to dorking they cull those..I was up late one night reading.
Did they really blame yellow in the beak on Dorkings? That makes no sense. Dorkings have white skin including beaks and legs. We've filled freezers with them and there's no yellow to be found. Now, a Wyandotte infusion of the other hand...

Did they really blame yellow in the beak on Dorkings? That makes no sense. Dorkings have white skin including beaks and legs. We've filled freezers with them and there's no yellow to be found. Now, a Wyandotte infusion of the other hand...

The fifth toe would be popping up as well. I could see where Wyandottes could have been used.

Walt

Just to break up the conversation a bit, my chicks ship today from Jordon Farms!!!!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom